Summit S1......

Risingtide61

So recently did a CS aboard the Silhouette....GREAT experience. So NOW looking at a S1 aboard the Summit as I'm not crazy about the looks of the balcony of the CS on the Summit. SOOOO....which S1? Looking at 6145, 6146, 6131, and 6132. Those SEEM to be the best ones. What you think? Which S1 would YOU pick? It looks like there isn't much closet space in either. Is that true? Does one have more closet space than the other?

THANKS!

So recently did a CS aboard the Silhouette....GREAT experience. So NOW looking at a S1 aboard the Summit as I'm not crazy about the looks of the balcony of the CS on the Summit. SOOOO....which S1? Looking at 6145, 6146, 6131, and 6132. Those SEEM to be the best ones. What you think? Which S1 would YOU pick? It looks like there isn't much closet space in either. Is that true? Does one have more closet space than the other?

THANKS!

When, may make a difference

We were in 6132 for a B2B this summer, 18 nights. We loved the larger balcony, 6131 would be the same. We had a table and 2 chairs, and 2 chairs with foot stools. Could be a tad windy at times.

The closet is actually quite roomy, 3 doors to it if I recall. There is a video of 6132 on the Constellation, they are identical in layout. One thing I was confused about was why someone would take up closet space with luggage. As it turns out, not all luggage fits under the bed. At least our larger bag did not, so we kept it in the closet. Have never had that issue and we are usually in Aqua. This was our first suite, would book it again.

Hope this works.

6145/6146 would be my pick for the bathroom, separate shower and tub, double sinks. The down side is a single swinging balcony door (not slider) and there is a connecting door to the PH. Have stayed on the one with the larger balcony and felt that when we were out on the angle we were on display for the whole inset (life boats) side of the ship.

6145/6146 would be my pick for the bathroom, separate shower and tub, double sinks. The down side is a single swinging balcony door (not slider) and there is a connecting door to the PH. Have stayed on the one with the larger balcony and felt that when we were out on the angle we were on display for the whole inset (life boats) side of the ship.

Exactly why we picked 6145 (and after seeing that video I'm glad we didn't pick 6132 because of the lack of privacy on the balcony).

I loved the gorgeous green marble of 6145's bathroom and the dark wood (supposed to match the Penthouse next door), but worried it might be gone after the Revolution or whatever they are calling it. Having the door doesn't bother me, and the lack of closet space doesn't bother me at all - it's only a week, and we have the Elite laundry perk, so don't need to bring that much stuff. The pictures I've seen of the veranda also show 2 lounge chairs, which hopefully will be there when we go.

OP -- good guess on the Summit C/S balcony! We were upgraded to a Summit C/S a few years ago. And, while the cabin space is amazing (Living room and dining room) -- the balcony was (literally) an afterthought. Originally, those M-Class C/S cabins had NO balcony -- just those beautiful 'bay' floor-to-ceiling windows. So, when X added balconies (during a dry-dock, several years ago) -- they put in narrow ones -- so as not to ruin the lines of the ship (I'm guessing). But, the balcony on our Summit C/S was so narrow, that we could only position the chairs in one direction. :(

BTW -- those are ALL good sized S-1 balconies, that you are looking at. My preference would be 6145/6 -- in fact, we had Summit 6146 booked, when the 'Upgrade Fairy' paid us a visit! :halo:

OP -- good guess on the Summit C/S balcony! We were upgraded to a Summit C/S a few years ago. And, while the cabin space is amazing (Living room and dining room) -- the balcony was (literally) an afterthought. Originally, those M-Class C/S cabins had NO balcony -- just those beautiful 'bay' floor-to-ceiling windows. So, when X added balconies (during a dry-dock, several years ago) -- they put in narrow ones -- so as not to ruin the lines of the ship (I'm guessing). But, the balcony on our Summit C/S was so narrow, that we could only position the chairs in one direction. :(

BTW -- those are ALL good sized S-1 balconies, that you are looking at. My preference would be 6145/6 -- in fact, we had Summit 6146 booked, when the 'Upgrade Fairy' paid us a visit! :halo:

So that upgrade that time was to the CS? Do you wish you had said no and stayed in 6146?

November 2019

Reason I asked was that Summit goes in for major Rehab in Spring of 19. They are apparently replacing most of the staterooms so some features may change, they might even change some of the cabin categories. Not a lot of info given out on all the changes. I would book something and keep an eye on the web site.

We have stayed in 6132. We did used our balcony some. The location of S1 6132 is near the stairs, just 2 decks down to Luminae. While 6145/6146 might be a nicer suite. The player piano in the PH is about 10 feet away from the Sky Suite adjoining door, might be annoying. I'm also not fond of being that far aft. If you have any problems stepping into a bathtub you should go for 6145/6146.

So that upgrade that time was to the CS? Do you wish you had said no and stayed in 6146?

Good question, Warmwinds! Originally, we had booked the S-1 (6146) because we had seen it on a previous cruise. We loved it -- BUT -- at the time, only C/S and above had access to Michael's Club. So, we took the upgrade -- even though we had to trade that fabulous balcony for a glorified walkway! Overall -- yes, I'm happy with the trade. But, I'd STILL like to sail in 6145/6, if I ever get the chance! :cool:

Good question, Warmwinds! Originally, we had booked the S-1 (6146) because we had seen it on a previous cruise. We loved it -- BUT -- at the time, only C/S and above had access to Michael's Club. So, we took the upgrade -- even though we had to trade that fabulous balcony for a glorified walkway! Overall -- yes, I'm happy with the trade. But, I'd STILL like to sail in 6145/6, if I ever get the chance! :cool:

That had to have been a bummer back when SS's were treated like stepchildren. Glad that's changed.

I'm actually surprised that all 4 of those primo SS's are available to the OP - usually they are gone right away.

Last year we did Canada/NE on Summit and stayed in 6132. We also did Connie and stayed in 6131. Great cabins with large balconies. Partial shade if you want it, or full sun if you want that. The location of these S1's make them stick out a bit so if you are on the outer part of the balcony in full sun mode you will not be as private.

Thanks for the GREAT responses!

So this AM I checked and 6132 is BOOKED and the other three still available. I went ahead and booked 6145 for myself! If everything stays as is....two FULL loungers and looks like a nice sized table on the balcony.

JFYI....out the door with BEST package $5361.70.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the GREAT responses!

So this AM I checked and 6132 is BOOKED and the other three still available. I went ahead and booked 6145 for myself! If everything stays as is....two FULL loungers and looks like a nice sized table on the balcony.

JFYI....out the door with BEST package $5361.70.

Thanks again!

Check the Celebrity board here around April 2019. We sail in 6145 on March 30, which is the 2nd sailing after the revolution. I plan on posting about the new suite additions and if there are any changes to these cabins. We grabbed this sailing because we were out the door at $4350.57 / 3ppl with the go best. We couldn't pass that up. We booked back in November 16 mos out.

Check the Celebrity board here around April 2019. We sail in 6145 on March 30, which is the 2nd sailing after the revolution. I plan on posting about the new suite additions and if there are any changes to these cabins. We grabbed this sailing because we were out the door at $4350.57 / 3ppl with the go best. We couldn't pass that up. We booked back in November 16 mos out.

Wow! You killed me on price! Yep....you sure can't beat that!

I am on that cruise too! we got 6132. I think when we booked all 4 were still available we decided to go for the big balcony. we got it out the door for $3752.26 . hope to see you on the cruise.