AARP - what am I doing wrong?

Oompaland

Thanks. Now that I have found it and see that it can be used to pay for the cruise, Can it be used over the phone to pay for it through a TA or do you have to book direct with CCL?

It works the same as a Carnival gift card you'd purchase anywhere. You might want to confirm with TA before you purchase. :)

Yes.

And you can purchase a $500 GC for $450 and 5,000 points. We paid our entire cruise with four $500s and a few $100s. Saved hundreds.

Question from a new person. :) Can you pay for excursions with multiple gift cards? Or do you need to have ONE gift card with more than the excursion cost available? We need "about" $270 to cover our desired excursion and gratuities, so we'd prefer not to buy $500. Has anyone else dealt with this?

I've received cards within 2-3 days after the cruise a couple different times. Not exactly sure on how long it was but it was very fast.

Thanks. As you can see from my sig, I have two cruises coming up fairly close. Well, within about two months anyway.

Question from a new person. :) Can you pay for excursions with multiple gift cards? Or do you need to have ONE gift card with more than the excursion cost available? We need "about" $270 to cover our desired excursion and gratuities, so we'd prefer not to buy $500. Has anyone else dealt with this?

You would just deposit them into your sign and sail account when you get on board. Someone else might know if you can do that by online checkin before you board. I know you can set up a credit card to cover your charges that way.

You can use multiple gift cards to purchase everything online at Carnival.com ... many have done this, and I verified with the Fun Shops. :)

I've gotten myself (not an AARP member) over 13,000 points in the past month just by doing the quizzes and entering the daily promo code from email. 10% off is nothing to sneeze at!

Quick question, can you please explain the extra points for entering the daily promo code? I signed up for the daily emails, but have yet to see a code.

Thanks,

Jim

I got a $500 giftcard and an email receipt/confirmation, but no email detailing how and when I will receive the giftcard. Before I order more I want to make sure I get the first one in time since my balance is due in a few weeks. Does anyone know? I didn't get any message about the option for an e-giftcard or snail mail.

I got a $500 giftcard and an email receipt/confirmation, but no email detailing how and when I will receive the giftcard. Before I order more I want to make sure I get the first one in time since my balance is due in a few weeks. Does anyone know? I didn't get any message about the option for an e-giftcard or snail mail.
The $500 gift cards require a signature. I got mine within 5 business days after ordering. UPS wasn't able to deliver it to me (I wasn't home) so I picked it up at the store location that it was held at.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The $500 gift cards require a signature. I got mine within 5 business days after ordering. UPS wasn't able to deliver it to me (I wasn't home) so I picked it up at the store location that it was held at.

Thanks for that info! They should tell us this! Once I get the first I’ll order a few more.

I am waiting for the $500 ecard to be replenished! I could always buy the card and have it mailed to me, but being home to sign for it is the hard thing! I will just check each morning!

Just an update. I just checked a few minutes ago because I'm stalking the site as well for the $100 cards.

Aarp replenished the $100 Giftcards but not the Ecards yet.

Also, I forgot to add any amount over $500 will require a signature, Not just the $500 card.

Happy cruising!

Question. I got an emailed gift card and have a couple hundred dollars left. Can I just take the number and pin and have it applied split between our folios once we get on board? Wasn’t sure since it didn’t have a “physical” card to take. Thought about doing cruise cash but they are only in $25 increments and I don’t want to leave money on the card

Looks like we're awaiting restock on the $100 cards. Dangit!

Side story: I'm using this cruise as a motivational tool to help me quit smoking. Every time I reach $90 in money not spent, I'm buying a $100 gift card. I booked my next cruise for December 2019, and intend to have the cruise, cheers package, and a couple of excursions paid off all by not smoking.

I've got an app that shows me my up to date progress on that - I'm at $105 right now, and I *really* want to buy that card as my reward for sticking with it.

So I'm crabby, and impatient, and thank you for letting me vent.

What a great idea! Congrats and keep at it

Question. I got an emailed gift card and have a couple hundred dollars left. Can I just take the number and pin and have it applied split between our folios once we get on board? Wasn’t sure since it didn’t have a “physical” card to take. Thought about doing cruise cash but they are only in $25 increments and I don’t want to leave money on the card

You can have the balance from the e-gift card applied to your on-board account after boarding. As to splitting between two folios, I'm not sure why that would matter if both folios are on the same S&S account (i.e. charges from both folios end up on the same account, same final statement).

If I have one good thing to say about this, it is that I have 480 days to get this cruise/cheers paid off, one card at a time.

Apparently they are not going to be offering Carnival E-Gift cards anymore. I was going to buy some to pay for my drink package. :mad:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Rewards-for-Good/The-Rewards-for-Good-Rewards-Catalog-has-a-new-look/m-p/2044038/highlight/true#M974

Thank you for posting! I really appreciated it since I was waiting for the ecards to get back in stock! I had to break down and order the gift cards. Hopefully I won't have an issue getting them! I will really miss the ecards!

Apparently they are not going to be offering Carnival E-Gift cards anymore. I was going to buy some to pay for my drink package. :mad:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Rewards-for-Good/The-Rewards-for-Good-Rewards-Catalog-has-a-new-look/m-p/2044038/highlight/true#M974

Well...that just sucks. We leave Monday and I have been looking all week for the Ecards to come back in stock. No time to get a real one.

Oh well...at least I paid for the cruise with the ecards I got from them months ago.

Looks like the physical cards aren't available anymore for now, either. I was just going to purchase some ... booo.
I wanted to buy a $500 last night, it gave me a hard time. So I bought 4 $100 and had no problems. Keep checking, they will show back up later.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app