Booking onboard?

sorry, I know this has been asked a million times, but I’m sitting poolside on the grandeur, doing this on my phone (so a pain in the butt to search).-

Before I go talk to someone onboard, I wanted to hear the truth from people here.

Is there any benefit to booking onboard these days?

I book my 7 night cruises on the ship all the time just to get the OBC for booking on the ship. Not much benefit to booking short cruises on the ship as normally they don't give you any OBC and the deposit is the same whether it is non refundable or not

But totally worth it for 7 nights or longer so you get than OBC!

We just booked onboard for a 7-night next year. Received OBC on top of what Royal Caribbean is offering for their current promotion. Also, our deposit was reduced to $100/person (nonrefundable), but told we have a 30-day period to move the booking to another ship/sailing if we wanted to.

NextCruise also told us we could reprice the booking, upgrade, or downgrade before the final payment date. Reading around this appears to be standard policy but it's nice and already saved us some money as our booking dropped slightly in price.

sorry, I know this has been asked a million times, but I’m sitting poolside on the grandeur, doing this on my phone (so a pain in the butt to search).-

Before I go talk to someone onboard, I wanted to hear the truth from people here.

Is there any benefit to booking onboard these days?

We always book future cruises while on board .We transfer the booking to our TA afterward.

We always book future cruises while on board .We transfer the booking to our TA afterward.

May I ask how you transfer the booking to the TA after booking onboard? Our cruise is in November and although I have never booked while onboard I would like to try it after hearing of the OBC. Thank you.

I’m sure that ours has always transferred automatically to our TA when we have booked on board?

I booked a cruise last night as the price on RCI website was so good as it’s 14 months out and there was a huge choice of cabins. We’d already had a quote from a well known on line TA and RCI was way cheaper.

We also had good OBC and the buy one get one half price promotion applied. We were actually going to book this cruise on our Baltic Cruise in May but I can’t imagine the price being any more favourable. I am tempted though to get a quote onboard although I might end up disappointed I didn’t wait [emoji26]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Cruisers. We book often on board. We use our laptop, go to our agents web site, check the prices given on cruises interested in, cabins, whats left for same cabins on back to back etc. We always make appointment when others go ashore. When we see on board agent have a good idea of what current price online are, what Royal offering on line and our large online agency offering.Have it transferred to our agent as always gives grats on Royal and celebrity, and most of the time a small obc and or Specialty rest. & spa treatment. Bob & Nancy The Villages, Florida

:eek: We planned to book while onboard in October for our Symphony Cruise next year. While checking the site yesterday we realize there's a limited number of 2 BR Grand Suites. We did a courtesy hold and then it said no rooms in that category is available. It's on hold until tomorrow. So, I guess we can't wait to board if we want this cabin type:loudcry:

Stacie.