Long walks on the Bliss? Slower walkers!

erdoran

Are there any decent outdoor walking areas for the Bliss where walkers, NOT runners, can get a 1-2 mile walk in? I don't mean deck areas which will potentially be crowded, just something like an OUTDOOR walking area? I LOVE that sea air! thanks

The Waterfront on deck 8 is a nice walk. You’re outside for most of the circuit around the ship. When you get to the forward elevator lobby, you’ll have to cut inside and to out the other side.

You can stop and sit on comfortable sofas. Sit and read at tables. Grab a drink.

Thanks, Bird. Looking forward to seeing you on the 9/1 trip! Going to ask you and others for tips about buying LOCALLY-made special items in AK!

Hmmm,,, I am probably still on the 9/1 roll call. We ended up switching to a the 6/2 cruise (the maiden voyage of th Bliss to Alaska right after she was Christened). So,,, ask away if you have questions. My live post with photos and Bliss information is at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641186

Darnit, yes, I was eagerly lurking each post!! Thank you for doing that!

This might be better on Ports of Call, but I'm eager to find out LOCAL stores to buy Alaska-made non-junky craft items. the other thing we are looking for is a beautiful, locally-painted picture or other wall hanging to go up on a large wall, and we want it done by someone local, rather than the art auction garbage, or something that we could get anywhere. Any recommendations?

4 years ago, we found most First Nations art available in Alaska was designed in Alaska but made in China. Hopefully that has changed.

Victoria has a few stores that sell First Nations art, some will be locally made, several of the same tribes are available in Alaska and Victoria. Canadian dollar is worth about 30 % less than US & will have 12% tax added at the till - the price tag will feel expensive

Darnit, yes, I was eagerly lurking each post!! Thank you for doing that!

This might be better on Ports of Call, but I'm eager to find out LOCAL stores to buy Alaska-made non-junky craft items. the other thing we are looking for is a beautiful, locally-painted picture or other wall hanging to go up on a large wall, and we want it done by someone local, rather than the art auction garbage, or something that we could get anywhere. Any recommendations?

If your interested in a photograph, in Skagway there is/was a photographer who had a shop down Broadway. His work was excellent with a few of those once in a lifetime picture's of local wildlife. I can't guarantee that he is still there since I didn't have time to make it into town this year. Our excursion took us to Haines, and it would have been cutting the time a bit too close for comfort for me to wander around on my own.