? Mdr on fantasy class ships

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

The only fantasy class ships that I been on in the past many years is the Fascination which has been awhile ago. We only dine at specialty restaurants and since the Elation does not have a steakhouse we have a few questions if you can help us with?

1- What time is main dining and late dining

2- If we choose Mytime dining, is the wait going to be very long, we generally like to eat between 7:30-8pm and we will be 5 adults

3- Would you choose scheduled dining or maytime dining and why (we don't mind getting different waiters every night)

4- I recall all our Carnival cruises for the beverage service in the MDR to be lacking, is it still this way? (we were always able eventually to get a cocktail but never could get a second)

5- Does anybody have copies of the 5 night MDR menus

Hello,

The only fantasy class ships that I been on in the past many years is the Fascination which has been awhile ago. We only dine at specialty restaurants and since the Elation does not have a steakhouse we have a few questions if you can help us with?

1- What time is main dining and late dining

2- If we choose Mytime dining, is the wait going to be very long, we generally like to eat between 7:30-8pm and we will be 5 adults

3- Would you choose scheduled dining or maytime dining and why (we don't mind getting different waiters every night)

4- I recall all our Carnival cruises for the beverage service in the MDR to be lacking, is it still this way? (we were always able eventually to get a cocktail but never could get a second)

5- Does anybody have copies of the 5 night MDR menus

We always sail 'your time dining'! That way we choose 'who' we dine with, and 'when' we dine! The longest wait we ever had was about 15-20 mins., once on the Vista!

If you always eat at te same time, why not choose traditional and adjust your eating time a little.

The wait depends on how many other people choose the same Anytime as you. At 7:30, the wait would tend to be longer than 8. At 8, you might just stroll on in. At 8:15, you would stroll in, if traditional late dining.

When we cruise on the Paradise (Fantasy class), it's a 5-day and we always choose anytime dining. I don't think we've ever had to wait very long, especially at the times you noted.

On our longer cruises, sometimes I like the set dining time (6pm) just to enjoy the same waitstaff and we dress for dinner every night.

On the shorter cruises, we much prefer the anytime so we can altogether skip eating in MDR if we choose.

I would chose YTD and when I ran into wait staff I liked, I would request them future nights because you know you will get quality service. One of the things that I think is pretty universally agreed on here is that the staff is much more burdened than in the past. We still have had excellent service, but have also noticed that at times it has been mediocre. When you are used to specialty restaurants, you are getting that more attentive service.

We did YTD recently on the Imagination and never waited more than 5 minutes, and that was just the line to check in. Of course, we eat a bit earlier, around 6PM. If you choose YTD, you can request the same server team if it were to become important to you.

As for beverage service, I have found that priming the pump with a reasonable up front tip has greatly increased the frequency in which my drinks have been refreshed. This includes the MDR.

Also for drinks, we would typically stop at a bar close to the dining room and grab a drink there to take with us to dinner. Then when the drink waiter comes by the first time, we place an order. So we are guaranteed at least two drinks to enjoy with dinner. Or bring or buy a bottle of wine that you can fill up yourself!

Enjoy!

We did my time dining last week and never waited for a seat, however we ate closer to 6. As we were coming out, we noticed that they were giving out table pages (like at restaurants) so that people could go enjoy the bars in the atrium/walk around while they waited.