CoCo Cay - Best Area + Umbrellas

One of the stops in our upcoming cruise is CoCo Cay. Is there an area where the water is better (clearer, less rocky, soft sand) and more kid friendly? From the Royal App, I can see that they have fun things going on during the day such as water balloon toss at the Party Zone. Where is that?

Also, I see that you can rent 2 loungers with a cover, but from a map, these seem like they are at the far corner so probably not best location with kids? Can you just rent regular umbrellas? My husband hates sun so will be unhappy if not able to grab some shade. It seems like there are lots of areas/beaches within CoCo Cay so trying to figure it out.

Not sure about "Party Zone," have not seen or paid attention to that reference while there. However, they were having games over by Coconut Willie's bar the last few times I was there, including the water balloon toss. That whole area over there by the floating bar is where we like to go. Usually not crowded at all. Beach is perfect, IMO. If I remember correctly there is a little strip of smooth rocks before entering the water that is about 4 or 5 feet wide. I walk across them barefoot and are not sharp.

In this same area there are a lot of loungers, and a lot of palm trees. I do not like staying in the sun either, and never have a problem finding a chair in the shade. Have fun... I love this island.

Thank you. So we should head to the floating bar area (looks like the opposite side from where the ship tenders). From the map, it looks like it's also near the blow up slide and Aqua park. Hope the rocks aren't hard for our kids to walk over

One of the stops in our upcoming cruise is CoCo Cay. Is there an area where the water is better (clearer, less rocky, soft sand) and more kid friendly? From the Royal App, I can see that they have fun things going on during the day such as water balloon toss at the Party Zone. Where is that?

Also, I see that you can rent 2 loungers with a cover, but from a map, these seem like they are at the far corner so probably not best location with kids? Can you just rent regular umbrellas? My husband hates sun so will be unhappy if not able to grab some shade. It seems like there are lots of areas/beaches within CoCo Cay so trying to figure it out.

There are plenty of complementary chairs everywhere. We find shade to be an issue. There are a few shaded areas, but as the sun moves, so does the shade. Large beach umbrellas can be rented for $30 for the day.

The island is relatively small. For now, you can walk the entire beach sea in less than 15 minutes. Water is generally clear.

Enjoy

M

The "sand" in the Caribbean and Bahamas isn't "soft"...it's finely crushed coral that is pretty firm underfoot. But, it's not rocky or "sharp"...if your kids can go barefoot in grass or on concrete, they'll be fine on the beach.

Thank you. If we can rent a beach umbrella then that is perfect too. The cabanas and beach beds look nice but quite expensive and then you are stuck to one area (which might not be best with kids).

cb at sea...thank you. Yeah, figure that the sand isn't as nice as say St Thomas. Debating if need to get our kids water shoes....but prefer to just get them sandals or other outside shoe for the cruise/beach...as at least they can wear those again and for the full cruise. Water shoes have limited use.

Thank you. So we should head to the floating bar area (looks like the opposite side from where the ship tenders). From the map, it looks like it's also near the blow up slide and Aqua park. Hope the rocks aren't hard for our kids to walk over

Yes that is the area. I have found that there is not a whole lot of people on that side.. so as the sun moves, I just change lounge chairs. There are a lot of palms there that are about 50-75 feet from the beach.

When I used the word rocks.. I was using it loosely. They are small, and do not hurt when I walk across, and I am much heavier than your kids. Whatever you choose to do there, I am sure you will have a great time.

Yes that is the area. I have found that there is not a whole lot of people on that side.. so as the sun moves, I just change lounge chairs. There are a lot of palms there that are about 50-75 feet from the beach.

When I used the word rocks.. I was using it loosely. They are small, and do not hurt when I walk across, and I am much heavier than your kids. Whatever you choose to do there, I am sure you will have a great time.

Thanks so much. Sounds like we should head over to the other side near floating bar...and thanks for clarifying about the rocks. And good to know we can move, or I like the umbrella option if we can purchase one.