Eagle Beach Umbrella & Chairs Vendor

POA1

Where did you end up going?  I hope you had a good time  We are doing some research for our trip in March.  I'm interested in hearing of your experience.  How many vendors are there with chairs to rent?  What prices were they?  .  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RUDIMAY1 said:

We would like some more info also.  We go every other year or so to land vacations at LaCabana but this time we are on a cruise.  We were hoping to go to Eagle beach across from the hotel but can we rent chairs there?

There is a vendor on the beach at La Cabana. He rents chairs and umbrellas. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 4:36 PM, Hatteras51 said:

Ok, Todd. First of all, I'm not the one who started this post that mentioned that Amsterdam Manor isn't allowing cruisers to rent chairs and palapas any more, so don't go calling me out until you check the posts. Another poster started this thread and said that they actually contacted them and were told that they no longer rented. I just mentioned that not all of the resort restaurants allow outsiders to eat there, which include Divi All Inclusive and Tarmarjin. Also, Bucuti doesn't serve anyone at their bar that isn't one of their guests. This is why I mentioned that cruisers go to the places that I mentioned, so they can get everything they need.

I own a timeshare in Aruba and I try to help people on this board in a very courteous manor. However, even though I did not mention the change at Amsterdam Manor in this thread, I do happen to know that the poster is indeed correct. Amsterdam Manor has a new manager, and just stopped allowing cruisers this summer. So get your facts straight before you go blasting people who didn't say something and are just trying to be helpful. :confused:By the way, I'm not a bro.

sorry to change the topic   but this is my 1st and likely only trip to aruba and would love to get your advise   plzzzzzzz  i am looking fora nice sunset dinner with me feet in the ocean that is walking  distance from the cruise port . we dock at 8 am and depart 1159. we would also like to walk to a dutch pancake house for breakfast.any  advise or help would be helpful. fyi we have no mobility issues  . any  suggestion on must see things would also be nice . i know this is a lot but really what this port to be epic     thanks again.

18 minutes ago, help04me said:

sorry to change the topic   but this is my 1st and likely only trip to aruba and would love to get your advise   plzzzzzzz  i am looking fora nice sunset dinner with me feet in the ocean that is walking  distance from the cruise port . we dock at 8 am and depart 1159. we would also like to walk to a dutch pancake house for breakfast.any  advise or help would be helpful. fyi we have no mobility issues  . any  suggestion on must see things would also be nice . i know this is a lot but really what this port to be epic     thanks again.

The Dutch Pancake House is at the Renaissance Marketplace (same side of street as cruise port). It is within walking distance from the port and delicious! Also, the closest restaurant to the cruiseport for sunset dining would be Barefoot. We have been going to Aruba for 20+ years and it is by far our favorite restaurant. We were actually just there last week and going again in 3 weeks! The only thing is that it’s not really within walking distance. It’s about 1 1/2 miles so I guess you could walk there and take a taxi back. A taxi ride would be reasonable. Not sure when you are going so I would check to see what time sunset is at the time you will be there and make a reservation based on that. When we went last week sunset was about 6:30 ish and we were there at 6. When we go in 3 weeks sunset is at 6:50 so we are going at 6:15. There are tables in the sand on the beach and also covered tables, but some are right at the edge so great tables! You can make a reservation on their website. It’s never too early to make it! It’s the only restaurant where you can see the beautiful sunset, watch a plane come in and see a cruise ship leave...if you’re lucky. We were fortunate to see it on our last visit there. If I knew how to put a picture on here I would! If you decide to go I hope you love it as much as we do! Have a great trip!

16 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

The Dutch Pancake House is at the Renaissance Marketplace (same side of street as cruise port). It is within walking distance from the port and delicious! Also, the closest restaurant to the cruiseport for sunset dining would be Barefoot. We have been going to Aruba for 20+ years and it is by far our favorite restaurant. We were actually just there last week and going again in 3 weeks! The only thing is that it’s not really within walking distance. It’s about 1 1/2 miles so I guess you couldthanks again walk there and take a taxi back. A taxi ride would be reasonable. Not sure when you are going so I would check to see what time sunset is at the time you will be there and make a reservation based on that. When we went last week sunset was about 6:30 ish and we were there at 6. When we go in 3 weeks sunset is at 6:50 so we are going at 6:15. There are tables in the sand on the beach and also covered tables, but some are right at the edge so great tables! You can make a reservation on their website. It’s never too early to make it! It’s the only restaurant where you can see the beautiful sunset, watch a plane come in and see a cruise ship leave...if you’re lucky. We were fortunate to see it on our last visit there. If I knew how to put a picture on here I would! If you decide to go I hope you love it as much as we do! Have a great trip!

thanks for your response  the restaurant is name barefoot  i will look into that 

5 hours ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

We had friends that were just at Amsterdam Manor last week and they were able to rent chairs and umbrella.

I have friends who just stayed at Amsterdam Manor who say that they are not renting chairs. These friends stay there three times a year, and are friends with the management.  There is a vendor very close by. I wonder if that is who your friends were talking about. 

On 2/13/2019 at 2:07 PM, Amtrack Springfield said:

We had friends that were just at Amsterdam Manor last week and they were able to rent chairs and umbrella.

I was on Eagle Beach(great beach, water was awesome, nice people) in Dec., we walked the beach right beside Amsterdam Manor like we always do, again renting chairs and umbrella's never a problem. Beach was beautiful, great vibe, sun was HOT, actually it was so hot I didn't stay.

Walked the beach went back up to the bus stop caught the bus back to the port.

Walked over to Iguana Joe's went upstairs and hit the back bar, hands down one of the best bars in the Caribbean. Other than crew members just like this time I never see anyone up there. For those of you who enjoy a nice frozen drink on a very HOT island I highly recommend the Pink Iguana's(Bloody Mary's always a winner too) at Iguana Joe's. This place is always a good time, super laid back, food is great, and drinks are the best on the island. 

Aruba this island the way it's set up there's no way not to have a good time. They figured it out. Later Todd