OLife Excursions Question

MVPinBoynton

With next year's cruise, we have 6 included excursions with OLife. They are supposed to be used as 3 for my wife and 3 for me. Can my wife sign up for 4 of them and me for 2? I assume that I could always book an excursion for her in my name, since names aren't checked when you go for the excursion; but I would prefer to do it in her name if possible. Since my wife has mobility issues, the O excursions, especially panoramic ones, are perfect for her.

If you end up canceling the sixth excursion, O will provide $100 OBC to be used on board. You can cancel once on board.

I’m pretty sure you can divide the six excursions any way you want. But not sure if the booking engine supports this. I would call and ask customer service to book for you. But be sure to book them prior to sailing. There is a deadline but not sure of the timeframe.

We seldom take ship tours but we have gotten decent value on the included ones. Be sure to read carefully. Panoramic tours are not great but if they work for your wife all is good.

Thanks so much for all the info. I didn’t realize they could or had to be booked before the cruise. I will do it as soon as the excursions are available.

That is why you should read the fine print :halo:

I don't think you can cancel Olife excursions once on board and get $100 credit. Better check on that. My recollection from our recent cruise on Insignia is that there were deadlines for cancelation for onboard bookings but there was a notation that OLife excursions could not be canceled. If the excursion is canceled by Oceania, then you probably would get the $100 credit.

Mary

We’ve canceled an O life excursion on board and received the OBC. You must cancel within the onboard cancelation timeframes.

A few months ago, Oceania canceled one and we received the OBC. But it is not refundable.

It is possible the policy has changed-or will change.

Oceania rep told me yesterday that the “free” excursions that you get by taking them as your O Life choice will count towards the minimum to getting 25% off each excursion. ( I think it’s called the Your World pkg) For example, our cruise gives us 8 (4 per person) excursions. We only need to book two more to get 25% off these additional tours and any others we wish to book beyond the six.

Also he gave us other good advice. He said to get your list together of which and how many excursions you want, and THEN decide which excursion package makes the most sense financially, he said we should

call him back with said list and he’d calculate it for us.

If you end up canceling the sixth excursion, O will provide $100 OBC to be used on board. You can cancel once on board.

I’m pretty sure you can divide the six excursions any way you want. But not sure if the booking engine supports this. I would call and ask customer service to book for you. But be sure to book them prior to sailing. There is a deadline but not sure of the timeframe.

We seldom take ship tours but we have gotten decent value on the included ones. Be sure to read carefully. Panoramic tours are not great but if they work for your wife all is good.

We are planning to sail on the Nautica next spring. I have not seen any excursions listed and I don't know which ones are included. How would I find this information?

Thanks

We are planning to sail on the Nautica next spring. I have not seen any excursions listed and I don't know which ones are included. How would I find this information?

Thanks

Have you signed in to "MY ACCOUNT" on the Oceania website ?

If there are no excursions listed yet look at the same ports for earlier sailings under the destinations tab

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/cruise-destinations/

The "Free" excursions are the ones without OS OE, CD, WT or FW next to the description

If there are no excursions listed yet look at the same ports for earlier sailings under the destinations tab

The "Free" excursions are the ones without OS OE, CD, WT or FW next to the description

thank you!!!

Thank you as well. So the 25% discount is 5 or more excursions per-person, correct? So if we have 8 OLife, 4 per person, the 5th and beyond is 25%, or is it the 6th and beyond?

I do have to say, after looking at Oceania excursions, their pricing seems weird. I saw one excursion that can be had for $30 from the vendor (Its a simple trolley ride) priced at $149 with Oceania. Others are your typical cruise markup like $39 for $49.

I see they also have an "unlimited" excursion price, it's $985 for a 10 port cruise, and I'm guessing its per-person.

Thank you as well. So the 25% discount is 5 or more excursions per-person, correct? So if we have 8 OLife, 4 per person, the 5th and beyond is 25%, or is it the 6th and beyond?

This is not a “fixed” number - it varies with the length of the cruise. It is usually 2 more than the O Life number of excursions.

PS If you are getting 10 excursions in your unlimited package for $985/pp that is a great deal - it is less tha $100/pp/excursion.

I do have to say, after looking at Oceania excursions, their pricing seems weird. I saw one excursion that can be had for $30 from the vendor (Its a simple trolley ride) priced at $149 with Oceania. Others are your typical cruise markup like $39 for $49.

I see they also have an "unlimited" excursion price, it's $985 for a 10 port cruise, and I'm guessing its per-person.

Ano the 25% is applied when you have SIX shore excursions pp not five!! Yes some of the pricing seems weird.

Marlene

PS If you are getting 10 excursions in your unlimited package for $985/pp that is a great deal - it is less tha $100/pp/excursion.

Hmm I'm not so sure about that. I saw one $199 excursion, maybe a few $149, and many $99 or less. I would say if i picked a bunch, one per port, I bet $100 would be about right. I added up the most expensive excursion at each port and got $1281, but still doubt Oceania is loosing money on the deal. Can you do two excursions per port?

But wait, don't they give you 25% off after 5, so if you take 25% off the most expensive ones, your back to about $1000.

Hmm I'm not so sure about that. I saw one $199 excursion, maybe a few $149, and many $99 or less. I would say if i picked a bunch, one per port, I bet $100 would be about right. I added up the most expensive excursion at each port and got $1281, but still doubt Oceania is loosing money on the deal. Can you do two excursions per port?

But wait, don't they give you 25% off after 5, so if you take 25% off the most expensive ones, your back to about $1000.

You can only get 1 package - either YWC at 25% off OR unlimited. I suspect you could do 2 in a port if they do not overlap.

Thanks - I checked it out. We are currently looking at excursions mentioned on Trip Advisor and other resources. One thread about Oceania excursions mentioned that they have large buses (40 people) which surprised me for this class of ship. Over the last few years we have been taking very interesting private excursions that are groups of no more than 10-12 and the cost has been much less.

Thanks - I checked it out. We are currently looking at excursions mentioned on Trip Advisor and other resources. One thread about Oceania excursions mentioned that they have large buses (40 people) which surprised me for this class of ship. Over the last few years we have been taking very interesting private excursions that are groups of no more than 10-12 and the cost has been much less.

What were you expecting then to use?

They use regular size buses but I am not sure how many people they allow per bus some say 30 pax

If you want a smaller group then do private tours

JMO

We did an Oceania tour in Bermuda that was by taxi, maximum six passengers. There are also helicopter, fishing boat and other tours that are very small. One piece of information that is available onboard that is very helpful is a time schedule- 20 min at this location, 60 minutes at the next, two hour drive, etc. It makes it easier to decide on which tour to take. I have not been able to find this information before a cruise, so not available if I choose OLife.

Mary