Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

Hi All, 

We booked our first Azamara cruise yesterday leaving on July 1st 2024, my question is regarding e/docs & check in where do I find or get the info from? Moving over from celebrity we are used to the online system but just wondering if Azamara are similar as I don’t see anything online… 

Thanks 

Tony 

22 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Hi All, 

We booked our first Azamara cruise yesterday leaving on July 1st 2024, my question is regarding e/docs & check in where do I find or get the info from? Moving over from celebrity we are used to the online system but just wondering if Azamara are similar as I don’t see anything online… 

Thanks 

Tony 

Check-in very simple - there is info on the website https://www.azamara.com/ca/booked-guests/before-you-board/online-checkin

• Like 1

If you booked through a TA they have to ask Azamara for your E-docs. If not Azamara should send you them, if not give them a ring. Doesn’t really matter too much as you can just active at the cruise terminal  with your passport. I always make sure I have ever a paper copy of my invoice or can access it online

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I am cruising with 3 friends. If I want to book a table for the 4 of us in the specialty dining rooms I would guess I would need their booking numbers? Or just their stateroom #s? Thanks!! 

26 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I am cruising with 3 friends. If I want to book a table for the 4 of us in the specialty dining rooms I would guess I would need their booking numbers? Or just their stateroom #s? Thanks!! 

Their names and stateroom numbers. Booking numbers become irrelevant once you are onboard.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Are you talking about booking before you board?  You can buy a specialty dinner online, but you cannot book a time until you board, unfortunately.  

Of course, if you all are staying in suites, then no need to buy anything, it's included.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We’re joining the Onward on 13 September and yesterday we received our E-Ticket/Guest Booklet by Email direct from Azamara. Earlier this year we were told that if you had booked through a TA, they needed to request this then send it on to you. It seems they now send it direct to the customer. 
I’ve added this into the ‘Tips’ spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We’re joining the Onward on 13 September and yesterday we received our E-Ticket/Guest Booklet by Email direct from Azamara. Earlier this year we were told that if you had booked through a TA, they needed to request this then send it on to you. It seems they now send it direct to the customer. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Yes, we just got ours for our 9/11 Quest sailing too!

20 hours ago, Dynacruiser said:

Are you talking about booking before you board?  You can buy a specialty dinner online, but you cannot book a time until you board, unfortunately.  

Of course, if you all are staying in suites, then no need to buy anything, it's included.

Thank you..no suites just regular verandas. But good to know I can pre buy!! 

20 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

On a similar vein, for our sailing in Sunday next (Aug 18) I received today an email from Azamara entitled 'Set Sail for Adventure: Your Cruise is Departing Soon!'

This helpful email provides access to a great deal of information. It includes things like links for luggage tag printout, links to Port information and so-on.

Whilst I say that the email is useful, I think the timing of its delivery might have been better if it were to have been issued about 10 days, or at least a week, prior to embarkation.

I haven't previously received any similar communication, and if this is Azamara's new protocol, perhaps it is worthy of addition to the Tips spreadsheet? 

1 hour ago, blag said:

On a similar vein, for our sailing in Sunday next (Aug 18) I received today an email from Azamara entitled 'Set Sail for Adventure: Your Cruise is Departing Soon!'

This helpful email provides access to a great deal of information. It includes things like links for luggage tag printout, links to Port information and so-on.

Whilst I say that the email is useful, I think the timing of its delivery might have been better if it were to have been issued about 10 days, or at least a week, prior to embarkation.

I haven't previously received any similar communication, and if this is Azamara's new protocol, perhaps it is worthy of addition to the Tips spreadsheet? 

Thanks for this. 

I agree that it should come much sooner. I know I'm not alone in taking 2-3 month trips with multiple cruises. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any place that gives a better description of excursions other than the one or two sentenes that most of them show. It's really hard to know the difference between similar sounding ones, or even know which might be a better fit for us from such a short description.

1 hour ago, jwilcox said:

Is there any place that gives a better description of excursions other than the one or two sentenes that most of them show. It's really hard to know the difference between similar sounding ones, or even know which might be a better fit for us from such a short description.

The most detailed description is accessible through your account. Click on Upcoming Cruises, then on Manage My Reservation, then scroll down to Excursions, click on the Paper/pencil icon. Click on the Available tab, then for each Excursion click on Details on the right.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2024 at 10:39 PM, jwilcox said:

Another way to get a detailed description is to call Azamara and request a PDF of the excursions, and they will email them to you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in booking The Chef's Table Tour specialty dining package using OBC.

If I understood correctly, on the first day of the cruise, once on board after embarkation, I should look for the table to make specialty dining reservations, purchase the dining package and select the dates for specialty dining. Did I get this correct?

My second question is, based on what I read on CC, it seems to be possible to call Azamara and purchase the specialty dining package before embarkation day, and then once I'm onboard, go to the table to make specialty dining reservations to actually select the dates for specialty dining. Did I get this correct?

If my understanding of both items above are correct, what is the advantage of calling Azamara in advance and purchasing the specialty dining package over the phone? Does The Chef's Table Tour sell out early, requiring purchasing it as soon as possible? 

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

6 hours ago, tjunmin said:

I'm interested in booking The Chef's Table Tour specialty dining package using OBC.

If I understood correctly, on the first day of the cruise, once on board after embarkation, I should look for the table to make specialty dining reservations, purchase the dining package and select the dates for specialty dining. Did I get this correct?

My second question is, based on what I read on CC, it seems to be possible to call Azamara and purchase the specialty dining package before embarkation day, and then once I'm onboard, go to the table to make specialty dining reservations to actually select the dates for specialty dining. Did I get this correct?

If my understanding of both items above are correct, what is the advantage of calling Azamara in advance and purchasing the specialty dining package over the phone? Does The Chef's Table Tour sell out early, requiring purchasing it as soon as possible? 

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

I'd like to know too.  Before our last Azamara cruise I thought of booking the 3-Chef's Table package – but when we got on board they were all sold out and one of the menus really didn't appeal anyway.  [They did schedule extra sittings of the French and Italian, so we got to do those – but we couldn't have used up the 3-night package.]