Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

7 hours ago, jwilcox said:

An additional question - I understand that to upgrade from the Premium drinks package to the Ultimate you simply pay the difference in the daily rate. But I've read a suggestion that if you ask for a spirit from the Ultimate list there is only a "slight upcharge" that reflects their difference between the a Premium level spirit and the desired Ultimate level spirit. Does anyone have any experience with this?

If this is not clear I'll make up an easy example (not using real prices). If a scotch listed on the premium list costs $10 and a scotch listed on the Ultimate list costs $12, are you charged just the $2 difference? Or, since you've ordered something not included in your package do you pay the full $12?

You do pay the full cost of any drink not included in the package you are on. 

We have just booked a cruise, after a hiatus from Azamara because of the sale.  2 questions- what is the current price of dinner in the speciality restaurants.  2) how up to date is the spreadsheet- as it still show reciprocity with CEL and the loyalty program.  TIA

5 hours ago, firefightermom007 said:

We have just booked a cruise, after a hiatus from Azamara because of the sale.  2 questions- what is the current price of dinner in the speciality restaurants.  2) how up to date is the spreadsheet- as it still show reciprocity with CEL and the loyalty program.  TIA

Thanks for your post - a reminder to me to have a check through it. I’ve amended it in a few places, including the entry about reciprocal benefits, so that it shows that you retain benefits accumulated before Azamara left RCCL so long as you had sailed with Azamara before then.

The price for the speciality restaurants in the spreadsheet of $35 was accurate in October/November.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks for your post - a reminder to me to have a check through it. I’ve amended it in a few places, including the entry about reciprocal benefits, so that it shows that you retain benefits accumulated before Azamara left RCCL so long as you had sailed with Azamara before then.

The price for the speciality restaurants in the spreadsheet of $35 was accurate in October/November.

I chacked earlier this week for an upcoimng cruise and the price is still USD 35 pp as @Grandma Cruisingnoted in post 2380.  Chef's Table is USD 95 pp.

Edited by Homerody
typo

10 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thank you so much.  Do you know how much the Chef's Table cost would be pp?

8 minutes ago, firefightermom007 said:

I just saw the post above...95.00 pp.  Are these all USD or do they use EU on board if you book on board.

everything onboard in in USD....you may see any OBC in your local currency online before you board but it will show as USD when on the ship

Just seen in the topic Cost of Speciality Restaurants that mercruiser reported that the cost of speciality restaurants on Quest currently is $49, with the cost for a 3 tour package being @$120. Others reported that the cost had not changed on Journey earlier this year. I won’t change the spreadsheet just yet, but will certainly check this out on Pursuit next month., 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi and thanks for all the tips everyone.  I don't see this exactly on the sheet so I'll add this even though I have never been on board (yet).  Book excursions early because the prices can go up even months before the cruise departs (at least on an international cruise where the local currency at the destination is not the U.S. dollar?).  I printed to PDF all the excursions for an April 2024 Japan cruise but didn't book them immediately.  When I went to book recently, many of them had increased in price, which seems unfair to me, as I will be paying more than others who booked the same excursion.  I have never seen excursions changing price once published but apparently this is a thing on Azamara.

I booked a lot of them (10+) without any discount - actually a negative discount per the above unannounced price increases - but I see on the sheet post 653 mentions a potential 10% excursion discount for booking multiple excursions which may even be available post-booking.  However, post 653 discusses another topic, rather than excursions, unless I'm understanding the sheet incorrectly or #653 refers to something else.  Regardless, has anyone received a discount on these prior to cruising or by visiting the excursions desk once onboard?  Sure would take the sting out of the price increases on what I have already booked.

When I called in to pay - website not accepting online payment or allowing the application of OBC to excursions booked online - no one mentioned a discount and when I asked about the price increases on excursions, they didn't have a good answer - something about whatever the vendors charge (which should be known in advance, as it was already published, so that makes no sense).  Thanks again.

Edited by MaximusG

looks like some posts were deleted so #653 is now #647.

I don't know about the discount. The only one they advertise is getting a discount when booking excursions onboard for a future cruise. they offer 10% discount if you book 3 or more. I have previously been given the tours list for another trip I was booked on.

• Like 1

I’ve amended the post, and the number (now post 647), about the 10% discount on Shore Excursions. As Scots Caz says, this is generally when you book 3 or more excursions on board for another booked cruise.

Yes, some post (#) numbers may now be inaccurate if posts have been deleted. I will try and trawl through them to check. It’ll be slow progress as I’ll have to do it a page at a time. I’ve checked the first page of posts (#1-#25) and they are all accurate.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, MaximusG said:

Hi and thanks for all the tips everyone.  I don't see this exactly on the sheet so I'll add this even though I have never been on board (yet).  Book excursions early because the prices can go up even months before the cruise departs....

Conversely, I've seen Azamara put excursions on sale prior to the cruise.  They did, however, allow you to rebook any excursions you had booked prior to the sale. Of course, this was before the big website changeover, so I don't know if they do this anymore.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NewSalty said:

Conversely, I've seen Azamara put excursions on sale prior to the cruise.  They did, however, allow you to rebook any excursions you had booked prior to the sale. Of course, this was before the big website changeover, so I don't know if they do this anymore.

They did it for our cruises in September and October 2023.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Does AZ still offer info some where on their website about the Captain's schedules? I haven't been able to find it but last I look was a long time ago!! 

No they no longer want to publish them 

• Thanks 1

The spreadsheet is very helpful

we're looking at doing our first Azamara Cruise, but the one thing I find slightly annoying is when you go to do a booking, it doesn't show you what staterooms are available on what decks..... 

10 hours ago, Muffinz said:

The spreadsheet is very helpful

we're looking at doing our first Azamara Cruise, but the one thing I find slightly annoying is when you go to do a booking, it doesn't show you what staterooms are available on what decks..... 

if you click the paper/pencil icon on the right you can see more cabins than the one they allocate you.

• Thanks 2

Currently on the Journey and can confirm that the specialty dining is now $35 or three for $85.

Upgrade drink package is now $31.95/day for premium or $39.95 for the ultimate. Big increase on both. The loyalty discounts still apply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vanman said:

Currently on the Journey and can confirm that the specialty dining is now $35 or three for $85.

Upgrade drink package is now $31.95/day for premium or $39.95 for the ultimate. Big increase on both. The loyalty discounts still apply.

Ouch on the drinks packages 

• Like 1