Cape Liberty Transportation Advice -EWR-ES-Ship-ES or EWR

dmlm1995

OK, I have seen many helpful posts about this type of activity but want to make sure I make the most sense out of it all. Our trip is in July on the Anthem and I plan to fly in the night before to Newark and stay at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth (per other posts). We are a family of 4 that will likely travel with 6 bags and several carry on bags (My family loves to pack:o. I still fit in one case). We will need transportation from the airport to the hotel, the hotel to the ship, the ship to the hotel (or airport) upon return.

The message board has been very helpful in suggesting the hotel, thoughts on UBER (which I have used elsewhere and have been pleased), and recommendations on Dial 7 or Carmel Limo for NYC components. For my family as a whole, I believe having pre arranged reliable car service is the way to go. We had some issues with transportation on another cruise and we would love to avoid that.

So, it appears Dial 7 or Carmel are reliable but mainly focus on NYC? Is there another service like those in NJ I should look at or are they still best suited for the type of service I described?

Appreciate the guidance.

I'm sure Carol will be along with some good ideas, but just thought I'd throw my thoughts in. With a family, the hotel shuttle to the port is probably not practical and will work out quite expensive at $20ea. A few years ago, we got picked up from Newark railway station by http://www.blackexecutivecars.com . They were prompt and didn't break the bank...no problems at all. Haven't heard much about them lately on these boards, but might be worth dropping them an e mail.

Simon

Get quotes from Black Executive cars, Dial7, and Carmellimo.

My main question is whether you can manage 6 bags, carryons, and 2 kids to troll your luggage at the airport to use the accessible Airtrain to go to the free hotel shuttle pickup area at the P4 Airtrain Station. If not, you're going to need to book a car service to take you from the airport to Embassy Suites. You can possibly get a minivan taxi from the taxi dispatcher.

My guess is that the $80 charged by Embassy Suites to take the 4 of you to the port is going to be very price competitive. Coming back you should be able to get a shared shuttle to the airport from the taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty for $20/pp. Just be sure they will drop you at the terminal and not the P4 Airtrain Station.

Uber is also an option, but you have to be sure to get a large enough vehicle for 4 people and a ton of luggage.

We have used Dial 7 over a dozen times within the NYC area and have been extremely satisfied with our experience.

The drivers are experts and know how to handle the roads. Our last several drivers have made excellent decisions to avoid traffic that would have held us up in traffic.

They do have a app but best to call them. They usually ask for the number of passengers, number baggage, additional stops and extra needs to select the right style of vehicle to use.

Bon Voyage......

Get quotes from Black Executive cars, Dial7, and Carmellimo.

My main question is whether you can manage 6 bags, carryons, and 2 kids to troll your luggage at the airport to use the accessible Airtrain to go to the free hotel shuttle pickup area at the P4 Airtrain Station. If not, you're going to need to book a car service to take you from the airport to Embassy Suites. You can possibly get a minivan taxi from the taxi dispatcher.

My guess is that the $80 charged by Embassy Suites to take the 4 of you to the port is going to be very price competitive. Coming back you should be able to get a shared shuttle to the airport from the taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty for $20/pp. Just be sure they will drop you at the terminal and not the P4 Airtrain Station.

Uber is also an option, but you have to be sure to get a large enough vehicle for 4 people and a ton of luggage.

Thanks for the info Carol. My kids are teens so that is helpful to lug all of the stuff (and partially the reason we have so much). At least I do not need to be the pack mule I once was :-)

We have used Dial 7 over a dozen times within the NYC area and have been extremely satisfied with our experience.

The drivers are experts and know how to handle the roads. Our last several drivers have made excellent decisions to avoid traffic that would have held us up in traffic.

They do have a app but best to call them. They usually ask for the number of passengers, number baggage, additional stops and extra needs to select the right style of vehicle to use.

Bon Voyage......

Thanks for the information!