Limited Excursions

pfopma

We are thinking of booking an NCL Greece/Italy cruise on NCL Spirit for April/May 2019. We noticed that when you go through the individual cruise page that many of the Shore Excursions that you see on the Ports page are different from the excursions you can access on the Shore Excursions page. There seems to be fewer excursions offered going through the cruise page. Some not offered were the ones we were interested in. The Spirit is a smaller ship - could that be why?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

I'm not familiar with NCL but typically on the Ports page you'll find ALL of the 'potential' tours -- however, not every tour will be offered on every cruise. Some of it depends on the length of time in port or day of the week or even the season.

Whatever the reason, the ones that are offered under your Shore Excursions are generally what's available.

Some cruise lines add and change excursions for a while once they start listing them. If your cruise is a long way out, that could be the case. If there is something you are particularly interested in, I'd call the cruise line (or your TA) before booking something else.

Thanks for your response. When I looked at Sicily there were no excursions offered at all. I called NCL and they said that all excursions should be offered but it is still early but check the booking after it is made and we should see what is available.

I called the shore excursion number about our Spirit cruise next May. Some ports show no excursions as of now. I was told they should have complete listings 6 months ahead of the date. Even ports already listing excursions could have some added from what I was told.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

To give an example, until 60 days until our cruise hit, the "choices" as limited as they are in general threw MSC for our Med cruise were almost non-existent which really had me scratching my head on what to do on a Sunday stop we had as the privately booked tours we were looking at 700+ which wasn't reasonable IMO, though because of Sunday only 2 companies offered anything substantial.

Also remember May isn't considered "high" season. Alas being in November, I found things we would have loved to go see, but the companies offering them all told me their season ends in October, but if we got enough people they would do it, which isn't possible on an MSC roll call outside the US.

I always use the cruise lines pages as an idea, and then see if I can find something else better. Alas the port we were stuck on, I am just happy that something finally popped up on the cruise line that was something I wanted to do and reasonably priced (aka $104 for both of us.. vs $700 for both of us..)