Passport Stamps in Caribbean Ports?

MLabrosc02

I know some might find it tacky, but we are traveling with our daughter for the first time and would love a few passport stamps...hoping some can help with some information on where to get passport stamps in the following ports. I know we can most likely ask an officer where immigration office might be but in case some already have a location, it would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Castries, St. Lucia (docked on a Sunday which I know might cause an issue)

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Fort-de-France, Martinique

Bridgetown, Barbados

Thanks for any information you can give!!

I know some might find it tacky, but we are traveling with our daughter for the first time and would love a few passport stamps...hoping some can help with some information on where to get passport stamps in the following ports. I know we can most likely ask an officer where immigration office might be but in case some already have a location, it would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Castries, St. Lucia (docked on a Sunday which I know might cause an issue)

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Fort-de-France, Martinique

Bridgetown, Barbados

Thanks for any information you can give!!

The only info that I can pass on to you comes from personal experience.

I was determined, once, to get my passport stamped in Curacao. I found a local police officer who directed us toward the general direction of where the office would be that could do the stamping. The office was in the port area but about a 40 minute walk from where our ship had docked. We finally found it, had to wait until the lone person there returned from an early lunch. Got the very nice stamp but wondered if it was really worth the 2 hrs!

Perhaps in your ports of call (been to all of them) there is a place much closer to where you will dock. Just ask a local port authority when you arrive.

It is not tacky at all. But remember these caveats:

Some ports will have a tourist desk offering "souvenir" passport stamps. To have one stamped onto your actual US Passport is technically illegal. So make sure it is a government-issue stamp from that island nation.

And just remember that someday you may wish to travel to a country which requires multiple consecutive blank pages in US citizens' passports, either to obtain the visa or visa waiver or even upon first inspection at the airport. So don't go overboard looking for stamps, or allow whoever stamps it to open your passport to a random page in the middle rather than the next available block at the front.