Suggestions for transportation to cruise port in Barcelona

Staying in hotel with no shuttle service. Staying Near avenida diagonal trying to get to rc cruise port d'adossat terminal. 3 pics of luggage to much to carry on bus or train. Quote from airport shuttle 80 euros per person. Suggestions ( besides packing less/lighter). Thanks.

Staying in hotel with no shuttle service. Staying Near avenida diagonal trying to get to rc cruise port d'adossat terminal. 3 pics of luggage to much to carry on bus or train. Quote from airport shuttle 80 euros per person. Suggestions ( besides packing less/lighter). Thanks.

Try shuttle Direct. Think I booked it through Viator. We’re paying $52 from the airport to the Gran Hotel la Florida.

Never understood all the shuttle/private transfer stuff. To us its simply a matter of grabbing a taxi :). There are many in Barcelona, they use meters, and they are are very clean vehicles. At the airport you simply walk outside the main exit, go over to the taxi queue, and that is that! At your hotel you simply tell the doorman you need a taxi and you will be on your way to the port (its not very far) in a minute.

Hank

Never understood all the shuttle/private transfer stuff. To us its simply a matter of grabbing a taxi :). There are many in Barcelona, they use meters, and they are are very clean vehicles. At the airport you simply walk outside the main exit, go over to the taxi queue, and that is that! At your hotel you simply tell the doorman you need a taxi and you will be on your way to the port (its not very far) in a minute.

Hank

Agree completely....some just don't understand how easy transportation can be.

Hank

Also agree. Taxis in Barcelona are an easy and, yes, economical method of transportation.

Hank

Hank, do you have any recommendations for a 1-night pre-cruise hotel with easy port access (I like your suggestion of taxi from airport to hotel).

Hank

This... 80 euro a person is a rip off.

Taxis are plentiful in Barcelona. We have been to a small hotel that suggest we go an hail one in the street, but if I recall it was because the hotel was on the side of the road that led away from the port. We would have had to ride in the wrong direction before turning towards the port. It made sense and saved us about 1 km on the meter.

If you are worried about the language difference (although many taxi drivers do speak English), make sure that you have the name of the Port - Moll D'Adossat written down to show to the driver. There will be no confusion then. My husband is a fluent Spanish speaker (not Catalan) but still insists I show the driver the address.

Hank, do you have any recommendations for a 1-night pre-cruise hotel with easy port access (I like your suggestion of taxi from airport to hotel).

Get a cab. There are millions of them.

No point in being close to the port as you have to get a cab, so look for something off Las Ramblas or near Placa Catalynya.

1898 is superb if you have a good budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get a cab. There are millions of them.

No point in being close to the port as you have to get a cab, so look for something off Las Ramblas or near Placa Catalynya.

1898 is superb if you have a good budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good point about the cab and I'll look into hotel 1898 - thank you.

Some do, others don't depends on company. If you know little bit of Spanish just ask before getting in. Also look for Visa or MasterCard logo displayed on cab. Also can install MyTaxi app (similar to Uber) that allows to register PayPal or CC as payment.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

I have heard that they only take Visa in Spain. Does anyone know if this is true. We have Mastercard and will need to get Visa if that's all they take there.:o

They readily accept Visa and Mastercard. American Express not so widely accepted throughout Europe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Because we've got a 3 year old we've decided to use WelcomePickUps from the airport to the cruise port and they will provide a seat for our daughter. The price we've been quoted is €46.

Taxi would generally cost about €39 from El Prat? Is this correct?

Is Uber available in Barcelona? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uber came back to Barcelona (after leaving in 2014) in March 2018, but has paused services July 27th because of a cab strike.

I guess iffy for November?

https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/26/uber-and-cabify-pause-services-in-barcelona-after-taxi-strike-turns-violent/

Uber came back to Barcelona (after leaving in 2014) in March 2018, but has paused services July 27th because of a cab strike.

I guess iffy for November?

https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/26/uber-and-cabify-pause-services-in-barcelona-after-taxi-strike-turns-violent/

Thank you for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums