Follow Up

I posted the thread below a little over a year ago and wanted to follow up. I didn’t really get an answer to the original post, but I can report that I was indeed able to buy the first SBP at the pre-cruise discount as outlined below, and use the SBC to purchase the second once onboard. I thought it may be helpful to someone else with similar circumstances. Doing the same thing again on our November Konigsdam cruise.

June 2017-

In reading the fine print for the SBP it says that each passenger over 21 in the same stateroom must purchase the package. It further states that if a package is purchase precruise but not for everyone over 21 in the cabin, then a package will be added for those over 21 to the shipboard account.

So here's the question. The package is $5 per day cheaper precruise and we will be on the Zuiderdam for eleven days. I also have a $700 shipboard credit which I would like to use. So will this work? I buy one package precruise, with the discount of $5/day. When we get onboard they bill our account for the second package at the regular price, but our shipboard credit will cover it right? And I'll save the $5/day on one of the packages, right? Wondering if anyone else has may have done this. We have gratuities covered already, and we are booking specialty dinning and excursions ahead of time, so the second SBP will be about our only charges. Thanks all for your help.