Inside cabin survival tips?

Iggipolka

I've done porthole. My only problem is how far away from everything I was. I book inside lido now. Pay a little extra but not that much for a better location and a bigger bed. I can do without the portholes and the noise...which sounds like this:

[YOUTUBE]7GxqSwa39Ls[/YOUTUBE]

I was in an inside room on the fascination and found the light that came in from under the cabin door enough to break the darkness ( I prefer total darkness to sleep though) The room also had automatic lights under the closets that were sensor triggered when you got out of bed so no need for me to leave the bathroom light on, depending on what ship you are on, the room may have the same thing

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

I was in an inside room on the fascination and found the light that came in from under the cabin door enough to break the darkness ( I prefer total darkness to sleep though) The room also had automatic lights under the closets that were sensor triggered when you got out of bed so no need for me to leave the bathroom light on, depending on what ship you are on, the room may have the same thing

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

I put a rolled up towel by the door to block the light from coming in.

I've only cruised twice before, but had an inside cabin on my last cruise. Traveling solo and having to pay full price for the cabin, an inside cabin is the only way I can cruise. I was a bit worried about being inside with no windows, but found the cabin large enough and used the TV for ambient light at night and to tell when the sun came up. And yes, I did use the cabin for sleep and showering. Why stay inside when you have that wonderful view outside on deck.

I’m cruising solo soon & for the first time I’m staying in an inside cabin with a twin sized bed. Well, semi-inside as it has two porthole windows so I’ll have a little natural light. It’s at the bow of the ship, so I’m preparing for lots of anchor noises.

Any tips for making an inside cabin as comfortable as possible? I spend most of my time sitting in the sun on deck, so I don’t think it will be toooo bad. It’s just a place to sleep, right?

Sigh.

If it's that much of a downer don't go or pay for something more of your taste.

It’s not a “downer”, just haven’t ever had an inside & am a bit nervous about it & looking for hints & tips.

Don’t worry about it. I cruise solo and insides are normally what I get. Can’t see spending money on a cabin I’m hardly in anyway and I’ve had balconies, OVs, and insides. With the portholes you won’t feel like you’re in an inside anyway. It’s like an OV with all the space and light. Only downside could be motion and noise as previously mentioned.

I’m cruising solo soon & for the first time I’m staying in an inside cabin with a twin sized bed. Well, semi-inside as it has two porthole windows so I’ll have a little natural light. It’s at the bow of the ship, so I’m preparing for lots of anchor noises.

Any tips for making an inside cabin as comfortable as possible? I spend most of my time sitting in the sun on deck, so I don’t think it will be toooo bad. It’s just a place to sleep, right?

Sigh.

The porthole cabins are now my go-to. I've been cruising solo for a long time and have always gone with an inside in order to keep the cost down. Like others have said, the two portholes let in a lot of light so it's really close to an OV in that respect, and I've never had to close the covers even in rough waters. I've also found that the layout of these cabins is great for a solo trip. Yes, they're a little farther away from a lot of the fun stuff, but I use that additional walking as justification to have an extra dessert or another fruity umbrella cocktail. The anchor dropping or the thrusters don't bother me since I'm usually awake and up by the time we get to port. Just like anything, it's a matter of taste, and I'm sure you'll have a great trip! Bonus: there is a ledge under the portholes that make a great resting place for the towel animal zoo and the ships on a stick! :p

They are categorized as PT.

There are also 1A cabins with portholes, that are much cheaper than the PT cabins. They are more forward so the sounds of waves hitting the hull is more pronounced.

1207,1208,1211,1212 are 1A

1216,1217,1220,1221 are PT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalka99da20dad5d7f3117071e890b10126e.png

Edited by DaytonCruiser

Sigh.

I don't know, the room is comfortable as is. I don't know why everyone is telling you to leave the bathroom light on. You have two windows with light. Unless you plan on throwing all your stuff on the floor, and plan needing the bathroom in the middle of the night, you will be fine.

They are categorized as PT.

I don't remember seeing any cabins designated PT on the ships we have been on. Is there a ship/cabin number that I could see the designation in the deck plans?

Never mind. I see someone posted it after your post.

The last few cruises with Carnival have been on Spirit class ships. That's why I never noticed the PT class. Of course our upcoming cruise is the first time trying inside cabins. I hope the wife likes it because we have retired and we have to stretch our dollars now.

Edited by cruzincat50

It’s not a “downer”, just haven’t ever had an inside & am a bit nervous about it & looking for hints & tips.

You will be on the ship, my tip is to have fun. Once I did a standby and they put me on deck 1 all the way in the back. Think aft balcony but deck one. We had a great cruise.

I don't remember seeing any cabins designated PT on the ships we have been on. Is there a ship/cabin number that I could see the designation in the deck plans?

Never mind. I see someone posted it after your post.

The last few cruises with Carnival have been on Spirit class ships. That's why I never noticed the PT class. Of course our upcoming cruise is the first time trying inside cabins. I hope the wife likes it because we have retired and we have to stretch our dollars now.

I am getting ready to retire, so I know what you mean about stretching dollars. I have sailed in all categories. Of course it's nice to be in a balcony, but for the last few years most have been inside cabins. I didn't have a hard time adjusting. My niece sailed in her first inside cabin this summer with us. She's a little claustrophobic and when she saw the cabin, she freaked out. After that first day she loved it. She likes to take a nap in the afternoon & loved that the cabin was nice and dark. I'm sure your wife will be fine.

Just booked an inside walkway cabin on deck 3 for a 14 day cruise. I have always booked a balcony on a higher deck for 7 days so hope this goes well. I will keep my eyes open in case a balcony goes down in price.

Laura

There are also 1A cabins with portholes, that are much cheaper than the PT cabins. They are more forward so the sounds of waves hitting the hull is more pronounced.

1207,1208,1211,1212 are 1A

1216,1217,1220,1221 are PT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the PT cabins have twin/king set up, while the 1A version is usually single twin with sofa.

I just booked an inside for spring break next year... first one since my first cruise almost 30 years ago. I'm praying for an upgrade call with a descent deal, or if not, then spending a lot of time up in the Serenity area! Maybe I'll just sleep on one of the hammocks!

I don't know why everyone is telling you to leave the bathroom light on. You have two windows with light. Unless you plan on throwing all your stuff on the floor, and plan needing the bathroom in the middle of the night, you will be fine.
LMAO...first of all, no light comes through the porthole windows at 3 AM when nature calls unless you're cruising in the Baltic region at certain times of the year. And if you don't need the bathroom in the middle of the night, then you must be under 40 and not a beer drinker.

I prefer balcony cabins, but I have also stayed in interior cabins many times and I never had a problem "surviving". As long as I am on a ship, I am going to have a good time. Additionally, from my experience interior cabins have advantages because they get very dark and are cooler, which is great for sleeping.