Colo Cruiser Caribbean Princess August 18-25

Colo Cruiser

I was more enthusiastic before it's now taken 16 hours and counting to replace a broken minibar cooler, plus repeated calls both by myself and my cabin attendant. And nothing done. I was actually told by the front desk on my first call that it would start working again after we left port as it is hooked up to the ventilation system. I politely stated I did not see how a plug-in refrigerator had anything much to do with the ventilation system!

Princess Cays this morning. Tender deploying at the moment. We have been unable to obtain any internet. We spent a good deal of time at the Internet cafe last night. They have a team down there because there are so many passengers trying to log on and cannot. They were unable to fix our situation last night. The internet manager may try giving us a voucher # to use on the log in page. We do not have the medallion. I have to say it’s pretty frustrating. Cannot even access our CC minutes , Patter, onboard account etc. Today I am using ATT international day pass in the Bahamas for $10 per day which gives me my normal plan use. We are heading off after breakfast for an hour or 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been unable to obtain any internet. We spent a good deal of time at the Internet cafe last night. They have a team down there because there are so many passengers trying to log on and cannot. They were unable to fix our situation last night. The internet manager may try giving us a voucher # to use on the log in page. We do not have the medallion. I have to say it’s pretty frustrating. Cannot even access our CC minutes , Patter, onboard account etc.

That sound so frustrating and so completely different than our internet experience yesterday. I've had a couple times I couldn't connect in Chrome but found if I opened Explorer first it connected. Then I could close Explorer and then go back to Chrome.

By any chance had you purchased one of the Internet package deals ahead of time? At yesterday's meeting it was mentioned that purchased packages and this week's free internet was causing a problem.

I have yet to get to the online Patter or check our onboard account. Honestly, now that we don't have to login I don't even know where to find it!

I hope they get you your minutes!

Here s a question regarding the "ship time". Does the ship stay on Eastern time thru out the voyage or do they change the ship time based on the local time in the port? We ll be doing the Western Caribbean in the next week. We re scheduled to be in Honduras at 12 noon, and have an excursion that says meeting time is 10:30 local time.

That sound so frustrating and so completely different than our internet experience yesterday. I've had a couple times I couldn't connect in Chrome but found if I opened Explorer first it connected. Then I could close Explorer and then go back to Chrome.

By any chance had you purchased one of the Internet package deals ahead of time? At yesterday's meeting it was mentioned that purchased packages and this week's free internet was causing a problem.

I have yet to get to the online Patter or check our onboard account. Honestly, now that we don't have to login I don't even know where to find it!

I hope they get you your minutes!

No did not buy any pre package. Oh well.

Life is good as we sit on a beach in the Bahamas!!

Princess Cays this morning. Tender deploying at the moment. We have been unable to obtain any internet. We spent a good deal of time at the Internet cafe last night. They have a team down there because there are so many passengers trying to log on and cannot. They were unable to fix our situation last night. The internet manager may try giving us a voucher # to use on the log in page. We do not have the medallion. I have to say it’s pretty frustrating. Cannot even access our CC minutes , Patter, onboard account etc. Today I am using ATT international day pass in the Bahamas for $10 per day which gives me my normal plan use. We are heading off after breakfast for an hour or 2.

Really strange, Keith, because my friend on board has been emailing a whole lot this morning. They better fix it before I get there! :(

Silly question - I noticed it said on the internet picture you posted "unlimited one device" That means one at a time, correct? I have 2 I need to check for work through the week. Thanks!

I notice that you're on Carnival, not Princess. Carnival probably same with one device, but you need to check with them. Usually you just log out of one device and log in with another.

Silly question - I noticed it said on the internet picture you posted "unlimited one device" That means one at a time, correct? I have 2 I need to check for work through the week. Thanks!

We’re onboard and are on the internet. It’s one device per account. In our case I have my phone connected through my account and the laptop through DH’s. You can switch devices in an account and when you do that the one that was online is disconnected and the 2nd is connected.

Love the Medallion•Net. One of the nice features is that you are always connected.

So sorry to hear some folks can’t connect. The internet mgr., Yogesh, is really good and has been great during the installation and switch to the new system. So I am sure he’ll get it going. The techs are still onboard and they should fix whatever has gone wrong.

Here s a question regarding the "ship time". Does the ship stay on Eastern time thru out the voyage or do they change the ship time based on the local time in the port? We ll be doing the Western Caribbean in the next week. We re scheduled to be in Honduras at 12 noon, and have an excursion that says meeting time is 10:30 local time.
We just got off CB 8/4 (Western route) and ship time changed to follow port time. We arrived in Roatan at least 90 minutes before the stated noon arrival also.

Sent from my KFAUWI using Forums mobile app

I have the Internet package I got at the start of last cruise for being Elite, and it is good until September 2 (the day after I get off). I've noticed no issues with the service, and I've been on quite a bit today (spending a quiet day on my balcony, with cold ones available in my new frig). My account shifted over to my new cabin just like they said it would at the B2B briefing they had Friday morning. Sorry about all the issues today.

I should add to the information provided above about changing to port time one caveat: for Roatan, we remained on "Central Time" (one hour behind FLL, I mean) even though Roatan is on "Mountain Time" (two hours behind FLL right now). So ship time was one hour ahead of port time in Roatan. In Costa Maya and Cozumel, the ship and local time were the same.