Anyone who has rented a Cabana

leela8

What is the bottle water set up? Do they give you one big bottle? Can you ask for more than one? I am wondering if I have to bring a case of water on or not. I don't like the tase of the tap water on the ship.

Every day they place two large (1 liter, I think) bottles of water in your ice bucket. You can use them in the cabana or take them back to your room. The cabana attendant will also get you any other drink you might want (ice water, lemonade, tea, bar drinks, etc).

Every day they place two large (1 liter, I think) bottles of water in your ice bucket. You can use them in the cabana or take them back to your room. The cabana attendant will also get you any other drink you might want (ice water, lemonade, tea, bar drinks, etc).

Correct, and will give you more water if you ask.

Cabana or no cabana, there is no need to bring a case of water on board. The water on board is as pure as any bottled water, tastes great, is FREE, and doesn't create a plastic waste problem.

OP, if you don't like the ship's water, okay. As others have stated your cabana comes with water bottles and the steward will restock each day. The service here is fantastic. Simply ask for additional water bottles.

Yes, the cabana is worth it IMO. The downside to renting one is this: if there are high winds, they'll close the area. The Retreat is only open 8-5. Or at least these are the hours the stewards are available. Yes, you can open the drapes. It is a quiet area (I'm referring to The Retreat, not the pool cabanas.), and if a passenger is noisy, others will complain.

We don't rent a cabana on every cruise because when we're in a balcony or above category, we feel it's a waste. Others might disagree. When we book an inside or an ocean view cabin, we generally always book a cabana and have never been disappointed. I hope this helps.

OP, if you don't like the ship's water, okay. As others have stated your cabana comes with water bottles and the steward will restock each day. The service here is fantastic. Simply ask for additional water bottles.

Yes, the cabana is worth it IMO. The downside to renting one is this: if there are high winds, they'll close the area. The Retreat is only open 8-5. Or at least these are the hours the stewards are available. Yes, you can open the drapes. It is a quiet area (I'm referring to The Retreat, not the pool cabanas.), and if a passenger is noisy, others will complain.

We don't rent a cabana on every cruise because when we're in a balcony or above category, we feel it's a waste. Others might disagree. When we book an inside or an ocean view cabin, we generally always book a cabana and have never been disappointed. I hope this helps.

Same here! We have rented a cabana for the weeks we have cruised without a balcony. For that purpose, they’re great! We had a fabulous time and experienced warm and friendly service. We thought they were a fantastic value. Our preferred room is a SS and we enjoy our balcony so much that I don’t think we’d use our cabana enough. So it’s been a while since we rented one... but I am considering that combination for a longer cruise in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums