Silly Question - Why do cabin doors on Symphony open outwards?

Silly question but why do the cabin doors on Symphony open outwards? If you have your hands full it is such a pain.

But when you leave, don't you also have your hands full? For disabled guests, it is actually better to open this way, because it leaves more room getting in.

Doesn't it also vary by room type? Some stateroom doors open out because they are in recessed areas of the hallway. Some open in because they are not. Suites may be different as well.

I haven't found there to be a standard configuration across ships.

I think you have the correct answer.:D

If I recall correctly, it had something to do with not interfering with the connecting doors that are inside on some staterooms.

Here is the entrance area for balcony cabins on Anthem and the connecting doors are very close to the entrance doors.

anthemConnectingDoor02.jpg.3dc4516638cd9bb676e998e2c0ad0822.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We were on Oasis a couple of weeks ago with a connecting JS and Balcony. I THINK (can't remember for sure) that the JS door opened in to the room, and the balcony door opened out the hallway. I DO remember that the JS door was flush with the hallway while the Balcony door was recessed in an alcove a bit, as that was an easy way to remember where our cabins were located.