TIME question

andymattmom

Cruising on the Equinox from November 5-16. When I look at shore excursions not through Celebrity I keep seeing to make sure of time change possibility (that ship time may be different than local time especially in November through March). I posted in my roll call but nobody really sure.

Has anyone cruised Celebrity in the Caribbean in November? Is ship time different than island time?

We are going to St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Johns Antigua, Bridgetown Barbados, Castries St Lucia and Phillipsburg St Maarten.

Thank you.

Would Celebrity know?

The captain determines whether the ship stays on the point of departure time or changes to island times. Even if the time is not in sync, all the tour operators will know what time the ship will dock. I've had tour operators assure me that even if the ship's schedule changes for some reason, they will be aware of the change and meet booked tours accordingly.

Our experience is the ship is on the port time. Keeps ‘issues’ of being off when in port to a minimum. I only remember one time being on a different ship time than port.

We did a number of private tours and the tour managers were well aware of the docking and departure times and modified as needed. Once in a Valletta Malta port call, we were hours late. We had a set time for a limited site (the Hypogymn) and the tour guide got us a later entry and all worked out. They changed our dining times and got us back just fine.

Don’t worry, let the tour guide set it all up.

Den

There will be a one hour difference between Atlantic Standard Time and Eastern Time after daylight savings ends on 11/4. If you look now they are the same as during daylight savings there is no difference. The ship will let you know what time zone they are using onboard.