Place saver sign for Lido restaurant

sunonfire

You don't have a table in the Lido. The tables are for anyone to use. I know if I saw it I'd take said sign so the table can be enjoyed first come, first served as it's supposed to be. If you want to "save" a table, plant a butt in it.

She would be first come since she is only up getting her food. If I saw a sign I would leave it as long as they weren't taking forever.

I agree with others that you should leave a personal item at the table when getting food.

Depending on my mood and need for a table, I might ignore that too. I don't recognize a sign unless it is an official Carnival sign. Depending on my mood, I might tear up a homemade sign. I only consider a table taken if people are sitting at it or there are plates full of clearly uneaten food.

So are you saying you would ignore a personal item on a table? That is out right rude and very selfish of you. You say "depending on my mood", maybe you need to get that under control.

Call me dense but how is putting a personal item or such to hold a table any different from a sign? Regardless what item you leave the end result is the same, a table being saved until someone in your party plants their butt there.

That's exactly what I was going to post. You aren't dense, others are just dumb. There isn't any difference in a sign saying reserved or someone leaving a personal item. They still have "reserved" it for them while they get their food.

I wouldn't throw away a book or bag. If I decided to ignore those items, I would just push them aside and sit down.

Talking about entitlement! :rolleyes:

To me, the difference between what the OP suggests and putting personal items on chair/table is down to how many spaces they want to save. Personal items save 1 seat (at most!). The way the OP spoke, the sign was to reserve the whole table. Now, I admit I have never sailed with Carnival, but none of the lines I have sailed with have had tables for 2 in the buffet.

Royal and Celebrity both have tables for 2 in the buffet area as well as the MDR.

If you do decide to make a sign I think the wording would be crucial. I wouldn't have the word "RESERVED" anywhere on it. I'd start it off with a big "PLEASE" and then explain why you aren't actually sitting at the table.

Here's what we did on our recent cruise with a party of four:

Find a table, and one couple sits there while the other goes to get food. Then the others go take their turn. We all eventually converge back at the table which is never left empty.

This works because different people want different option... some will want a pizza or deli sandwich, some want the buffet, some want a burger... these all take various amounts of time.

We decide up front we are not going to wait for everyone to get food before anyone starts eating. It is so much easier that way!

I think a sign or leaving stuff on the chairs is one way, but you can't beat having someone sitting there to make sure the table stays reserved!

I would just add that, if it's really important for everyone to eat together at the same time, like a proper family meal, it's a lot nicer experience in the MDR than at the casual lido restaurant.

On the other hand, if you just want to throw a bathrobe over your swimsuit and chow down quick, the lido is the place. We actually saw a guy in a bathrobe in the buffet!