Port Everglades - enough parking?

RoperDK

We are leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale on a Tuesday. On Saturday 6 ships head out. Sunday another 6 ships leave. On Monday another 2 leave. We will be on Princess. They have one ship going out on Saturday and one on Sunday. Does Princess only go out of a single terminal? Would they have enough parking left? We want to park at the port, so no off site for us. I've never had a problem finding parking, but I've only gone out on the busy days.

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

Princess usually uses Terminal 2 and/or Terminal 4 which both abut the Northport Garage. Last time I parked there was the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Plenty of spaces at 11:30 that morning even with three of their largest ships coming and going that week. Remember more or less the same number of vehicles leave early each morning as those that start arriving a couple hours later.

You can search the official port ship schedule to see which terminal your ships arrives and departs at:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

(the next seven days are automatically displayed, use the 'Filters' option for future time periods)

You can safely assume you will arrive and depart within walking distance of the Northport Garage. Possible exceptions are the days both Royal Princess and Regal Princess are in port; one of them will have to be at Terminal 21. And the smaller capacity Coral Princess and Island Princess may occasionally use Terminal 19, though by the end of this year when Celebrity's Terminal 25 reopens after its renovations are finally complete an M-class Celebrity ship won't be bumping the second Princess ship out of Terminal 4 to 19 or 21 on certain days.

I highly recommend Park n' Go in Ft. Lauderdale. They accept reservations, will park your car for you, drop you at your pier in a very timely manner. There are monkeys that roam the property---so cute! Upon return, their shuttles are at the pier, your car will be ready when you arrive and you receive bottled water. All this for a percentage of the cost of port parking!

I highly recommend Park n' Go in Ft. Lauderdale. They accept reservations, will park your car for you, drop you at your pier in a very timely manner. There are monkeys that roam the property---so cute! Upon return, their shuttles are at the pier, your car will be ready when you arrive and you receive bottled water. All this for a percentage of the cost of port parking!

Thank you Saturngrl. We will pass this info on to another couple that is traveling with us. I looked it up and Park n' Go was highly recommended. Perhaps we have become lazy after 30 cruises, but we just park at the port. We always have points for hotel stays, so parking at the port is our splurge.

Thank you,

Dawn

Princess usually uses Terminal 2 and/or Terminal 4 which both abut the Northport Garage. Last time I parked there was the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Plenty of spaces at 11:30 that morning even with three of their largest ships coming and going that week. Remember more or less the same number of vehicles leave early each morning as those that start arriving a couple hours later.

You can search the official port ship schedule to see which terminal your ships arrives and departs at:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

(the next seven days are automatically displayed, use the 'Filters' option for future time periods)

You can safely assume you will arrive and depart within walking distance of the Northport Garage. Possible exceptions are the days both Royal Princess and Regal Princess are in port; one of them will have to be at Terminal 21. And the smaller capacity Coral Princess and Island Princess may occasionally use Terminal 19, though by the end of this year when Celebrity's Terminal 25 reopens after its renovations are finally complete an M-class Celebrity ship won't be bumping the second Princess ship out of Terminal 4 to 19 or 21 on certain days.

We've cruised on LOTS of Princess ships out of Port Everglades and always park in the termial parking. Always ample parking! No problem!

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Thank you fishywood and OCruisers. I have never had any problems finding parking at any port we have cruised out of, but I've also never cruised out of the "Saturday or Sunday" turnaround norm. We will be on the Crown leaving on a Tuesday. Princess has only 2 ships leaving during that weekend (Regal and Royal). Since Princess uses that one terminal, I feel we will be fine. Certainly, other disembarking Crown cruisers will be leaving us some parking. :D

Thank you,

Dawn

I have sailed on a mid-week Winter season cruise from Port Everglades and have always had plenty of parking available in the parking garages of the Port. I'd suggest that you arrive no later than 11:00 A. M. just to be sure that those guests departing will have cleared their spaces and left space for you.

Just FYI....Park n go has 2 sets of rates. Pre pay and pay at the lot. So, if your friends want the discount they have to advance pay(example adv pay for 1/5 to 1/12 is 68.72+tips pay at the lot 96.46+tips). We choose to park at the port after many many trips using Park n Go.

Thanks everyone! We always arrive at the port early so it sounds like we will be fine. I do like the ports that have reserved (pre-pay) parking. You'd think that would be standard by now. Our friends are now leaning towards parking at the port. To us, it is just less stressful.

Dawn