First Impressions on 1st Day Oasis

Pros:

As Diamonds we had a quick check in process.

Cabin was open on time.:D

Extremely friendly staff, I mean every person we've come in contact today.:D

Dinner: Actually delicious, all fish entree's. :D

Cons:

:oCabin Bathroom cleanliness. Yuk! Hairs in sink, on floor beneath sink in the corners. I wasn't looking for them. Just couldn't miss when using the toilet.

:o Toilet is hopelessly 'black marked' by cleaning. I think it's taken off the white porcelain. Round continuous black circle marks throughout the bowl and under the rim.Just disgusting to look at, but we're hoping it's clean.

:o The sink stopper is just off, I put it on the counter. The water quickly backs up when turned on, slow to drain.

I thought we got bathrobes? Could have been discontinued. Hoping we still will get 'surprised' with a treat by the Kitchen a few times during the cruise. Brought to our cabin that is ....

We're in a Large Balcony Ocean View Cabin, Hump, Deck 10.

That's all for now.

Bobbi

We board next Sunday. If you happen to get to Coki Beach or know anyone that is going there, could you see/ask if they rent snorkel equipment? We have our own, but Kids and grandkids do not and it is easier to rent that purchase for a family of 6.

Thanks and have a great cruise. Anxious to see what else you have to say about Oasis.

Pros:

As Diamonds we had a quick check in process.

Cabin was open on time.:D

Extremely friendly staff, I mean every person we've come in contact today.:D

Dinner: Actually delicious, all fish entree's. :D

Cons:

:oCabin Bathroom cleanliness. Yuk! Hairs in sink, on floor beneath sink in the corners. I wasn't looking for them. Just couldn't miss when using the toilet.

:o Toilet is hopelessly 'black marked' by cleaning. I think it's taken off the white porcelain. Round continuous black circle marks throughout the bowl and under the rim.Just disgusting to look at, but we're hoping it's clean.

:o The sink stopper is just off, I put it on the counter. The water quickly backs up when turned on, slow to drain.

I thought we got bathrobes? Could have been discontinued. Hoping we still will get 'surprised' with a treat by the Kitchen a few times during the cruise. Brought to our cabin that is ....

We're in a Large Balcony Ocean View Cabin, Hump, Deck 10.

That's all for now.

Bobbi

You now have to ask for bathrobes. Some ships still deliver them automatically however in the C&A benefits it now states they are available upon request.

You now have to ask for bathrobes. Some ships still deliver them automatically however in the C&A benefits it now states they are available upon request.

Thank you all for the info on the robes. :)

If you don't mind, I have a couple questions.

1. Do we get a little RCCL pin? I collect lapel pins, older the better. But, I'd also like to get whatever they offer on the ship.

2. Being Diamonds, will we be receiving a little snack item in our room? From the Chef or the Kitchen staff?

:confused::confused: Bobbi

Thank you all for the info on the robes. :)

If you don't mind, I have a couple questions.

1. Do we get a little RCCL pin? I collect lapel pins, older the better. But, I'd also like to get whatever they offer on the ship.

2. Being Diamonds, will we be receiving a little snack item in our room? From the Chef or the Kitchen staff?

:confused::confused: Bobbi

You can ask the Loyalty ambassador for your pins.

You should get a snack in your room on one night.

It is our experience that the first day is always a little wild and stressful on any ship. We always seem to see the problems and the glass sometimes looks more than half empty, the elevators are slow, the steward is no where to be found, the room is hot, etc. We have learned to lower our expectations.

Thank goodness when the sun rises the next morning, the glass is full, the problems can be resolved, we got some rest and we are on vacation. It is our experience that robes, ice and OBC all show up the second day.

Hope you have a great cruise.

You can ask the Loyalty ambassador for your pins.

You should get a snack in your room on one night.

:) We did get a little plate of sweets yesterday, you were right Ken.

Where do I find a Loyalty Ambassador? :confused:

Thanks!

Bobbi

:) We did get a little plate of sweets yesterday, you were right Ken.

Where do I find a Loyalty Ambassador? :confused:

Thanks!

Bobbi

On Oasis, the LA is in the library, next to the Diamond Lounge on deck 11, aft centrum.

It is our experience that the first day is always a little wild and stressful on any ship. We always seem to see the problems and the glass sometimes looks more than half empty, the elevators are slow, the steward is no where to be found, the room is hot, etc. We have learned to lower our expectations.

Thank goodness when the sun rises the next morning, the glass is full, the problems can be resolved, we got some rest and we are on vacation. It is our experience that robes, ice and OBC all show up the second day.

Hope you have a great cruise.

True enough. And we are having a great time. We are in St. Maarten this morning. Our first visit too!

Did they move the Diamond Lounge on Oasis? I know they use a different location on Harmony and Symphony, When I was on Oasis, it had a great view.

The current DL (still in that location you are showing) used to be the CL, after which they removed the DL from deck five (over the promenade and never big enough for cocktails that were served in Blaze nightclub at night). They added the SL on deck 17, And now no CL at all.

Agree...not happy with new DL location on Harmony...just a little more than a closet down on deck four with no windows. :(

I am sailing on Oasis Nov 11-18 can anyone tell me do you have to pay for room service? This is my first Royal Caribbean cruise and we like to get a pot of coffee and some cookies at like 5 while getting ready for dinner. Is there a fee for this? On carnival there isnt

I am sailing on Oasis Nov 11-18 can anyone tell me do you have to pay for room service? This is my first Royal Caribbean cruise and we like to get a pot of coffee and some cookies at like 5 while getting ready for dinner. Is there a fee for this? On carnival there isnt

Yes, unless you are in a Grand Suite or better, there would be a fee for room services orders outside of the free period during the morning.