East /West Wayfarer June 2020

BenMurphy

We have paid a deposit( refundable) for this leg of Insignia Round The Word 2020.

Our TA tells me that all rooms are "wait listed" and we are number 19 !

Has any one done this and been successful ?

I was wondering if Oceania wait to see how many book the entire round the world trip before releasing "legs"

Just wondering before I get too excited by this amazing cruise.

Thanks in advance(yn)

Josie(yn)

Cruise name : East West Wayfairer June 2020 Insignia

Edited by BenMurphy
can't see title

Yes there is a cut off date for the complete RTW cruise then they will release segments

not sure how far in advance they release the segments though

Your TA should be able to find out

cabins also become available just about the time for final payment! Hang in there!

Yes but, after world cruise "wait listers," the next priority goes to "grand voyage" and "extended journey" deposits. Folks seeking individual cruise segments are low on the pecking order.

w're on ATW20 and several of our friends from ATW16 have already been successful at purchasing their segments.

Yes, we got the Singapore to Tokyo "extended" segments on the 2020 Insignia WTW. Booked the last B cabin onboard Insignia on 5/25/18!

My earlier point was that at "final payment" time, priority will be given first to those booking the same length cruise as the vacated one.

We just switched from Tokyo to SF to the full cruise SF to SF. Got the last B1, except for 6031 which no one seems to want as it's next to a storage space!

When I look on Oceanias web page it shows every room "wait listed" can't even see your 6041 Josie

UITE CATEGORYBROCHURE

FAREPROMOTIONAL

FAREAMENITIESAVAILABILITYOwner’s Suite (OS)£19,939£17,639ViewWaitListVista Suite (VS)£17,199£14,899ViewWaitListPenthouse Suite (PH1)£13,789£11,489ViewWaitListPenthouse Suite (PH2)£13,489£11,189ViewWaitListPenthouse Suite (PH3)£13,269£10,969ViewWaitListConcierge Level Veranda (A1)£11,349£9,049ViewWaitListConcierge Level Veranda (A2)£11,049£8,749ViewWaitListConcierge Level Veranda (A3)£10,829£8,529ViewWaitListVeranda Stateroom (B1)£10,529£8,229ViewWaitListVeranda Stateroom (B2)£10,309£8,009ViewWaitListDeluxe Ocean View (C1)£9,199£6,899ViewWaitListDeluxe Ocean View (C2)£8,979£6,679ViewWaitListOcean View (D)£8,679£6,379ViewWaitListOcean View (E)£8,459£6,159ViewWaitListInside Stateroom (F)£8,159£5,859ViewWaitListInside Stateroom (G)£7,939£5,639ViewWaitList

Sorry Ben, but the interface between real life availability and the British Site is not as fast, or swiftly updated as the North American.

Time Zones are to blame, among many other differences.

The advice that you are getting is well meaning but...

If it makes you feel any better, Cunard put us through the same wringer, when they were British owned.

When I look on Oceanias web page it shows every room "wait listed" can't even see your 6041 Josie

You or your TA should call & ask what is available for the FULL RTW cruise if you want that

They will hold back other cabins until the people booking the FULL RTW cruise have a chance

I seem to recall on the 1st RTW cruise it was about 10-12 mths out when they released the cabins for the segments

If you have the time go back in the posts for 2013 or whenever the 1st RTW was announced & see when the segments were released

Josie..just did another quick scan of staterooms..even 6031 gone now!! But as cbb says, some will open up as we go along toward 2020. Looking forward to meeting you.

Thanks all for your responses, fingers crossed that we get onboard

Josie