Cabin Height

Bea_85

the cabin itself should be fine, but doorways and hallways - he should be careful about. We saw some really tall people (DH is only 6'1 - shorty in comparison) having to bend down while walking the inside hallways. The hallways ceilings were fine, but they were punctuated by doorways with lower clearance.

Bed will not be long enough but he’s probably used to that. DH is same height. Have not been on Anthem but all our cruises have had head bumping signs in the hallways. Showers have been short, really short if there’s a tub. Never had a problem with room ceiling unless there’s a sprinkler. Doorways are short. Those little green exit signs are terrorizing as are the metal arms above doors. They reach out and whack heads with a little ball bat. They are vicious.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know the OP is on Anthem, which I haven't been on, but I'm thinking about those Transporter Tube showers like on the Voyager class. He might have to stand outside in the bathroom to wash his hair.

I am only 6'2" and I can rise off in the cabin, but prefer to use the fitness center showers. Much more spacious, and frees up the cabin bath for the wife to get ready. I can marginally fit in the torpedo tube showers, but if I drop anything I have to open the door to bend over to get it. My wife also uses the gym showers if she is washing her hair just because it less claustrophobic.

I am only 6'2" and I can rise off in the cabin, but prefer to use the fitness center showers. Much more spacious, and frees up the cabin bath for the wife to get ready. I can marginally fit in the torpedo tube showers, but if I drop anything I have to open the door to bend over to get it. My wife also uses the gym showers if she is washing her hair just because it less claustrophobic.

I was thinking torpedo tubes might be more clear ;) than transporter tubes.

How does using the fitness center showers work? Can anyone use them, at any time?

DD might be bringing a friend on a cruise that I have to bail on. He's 6' 8", and I'm already having nightmares about him not fitting anywhere. Fortunately they will have a JS, so there's a little more space, but I imagine he'll have to sleep diagonally on the bed. Picturing him trying to shower makes me giggle.

I'm 6'6" and I haven't had any problems on any of my cruises. But being a bit on the taller side, I do notice a few things that might affect those of us who are vertically enhanced.

The cabin has never been a problem for me, bed is fine, the bathroom feels a bit tight. Keep in mind while the cabin is 7' tall, you step up into the bathrooms and you loose about 1 to 2 inches. At 6'10", I think the bathroom in the cabin might be a bit difficult. The only other places I have to watch my head is normally the hallways near the cabins - they have exit signs and even some of the smoke detectors hang down just enough that they could be an issue.

I'll be on Anthem in just a few months. I'll take some notes on what a tall person would be concerned about.

How does using the fitness center showers work? Can anyone use them, at any time?

As Bob said, when the fitness center is open, so fine for most needs. They have nicer towels there so no need to bring one.