buying wifi?

39august

We are Elite, courtesy of RCI, so we get a 30% discount on wi-fi. Is it the same price whether purchased while on board or purchased prior to the cruise, please? If I can wait til we're on board, obviously we can use the OBC from our TA.

I'm in the same boat so to speak. Have travel agent credit which I prefer to use as well. But, may just use the 90 minutes we each should have and supplement with on shore wifi since we only have two days at sea out of 11

As Elite Captains Club member you and your spouse each get 90 minutes of free WIFI or 30% off an unlimited package. You may choose the 90 minutes and your spouse may choose the unlimited 30%. If you choose the 90 minutes, make sure you log out at the end of each session or your minutes will continue to run. If you wish to purchase the unlimited option you can call Captain's Club and have them apply your discount. If there is a sale price, you won't be able to combine the %off sale with your Elite discount, but the 30% is higher than the customary 20%off sale price. The price on board is usually a bit higher, however there's sometimes a discount part way through a cruise. You know how much internet time you need, so you're the best judge of what option will suit you. If you choose the option for 1 device unlimited that means that you may only have 1 device at a time logged under that plan. If you wish to go from your phone to your tablet, just log out with one and log in with the other.

As Elite Captains Club member you and your spouse each get 90 minutes of free WIFI or 30% off an unlimited package. You may choose the 90 minutes and your spouse may choose the unlimited 30%. If you choose the 90 minutes, make sure you log out at the end of each session or your minutes will continue to run. If you wish to purchase the unlimited option you can call Captain's Club and have them apply your discount. If there is a sale price, you won't be able to combine the %off sale with your Elite discount, but the 30% is higher than the customary 20%off sale price. The price on board is usually a bit higher, however there's sometimes a discount part way through a cruise. You know how much internet time you need, so you're the best judge of what option will suit you. If you choose the option for 1 device unlimited that means that you may only have 1 device at a time logged under that plan. If you wish to go from your phone to your tablet, just log out with one and log in with the other.

Thank you, I wasn't aware that one person could choose to use the discount as well, and one use the free 90 minutes. I think we will go that route!

So I called today for our 11 Night Constellation cruise in October, and the Unlimited wifi for 1 person was $269, and I saved 30% off that price ($188) instead, and I used onboard credit of $100 that I had from credit card, so $88 was charged to my credit card and I confirmed that I would also get the 90 minutes for Elite for me and she added it to their notes on my reservation!

Thanks everyone!

The price is not for one person, but for one devise. I also found that I could use my X OBC and pay the difference on my credit card. I was $7 short of enough OBC . Price is not bad with the 30% discount as shown in the above comment.

Thank you, I wasn't aware that one person could choose to use the discount as well, and one use the free 90 minutes. I think we will go that route!

Yes! we do this all the time, when we do not have the Go Best package. It works out quite well. I use the 30% off to get one device unlimited and DH uses up his 90 minutes. When his 90 minutes are used up, then we simply “share the device” (which can be whatever - does not have to be the same device throughout the cruise). You can use your phone, log off ... go to the iLounge, use one of the desktops, log off ... then go back to your room and sign on to your computer. The only restriction is “one device” at a time (cannot log in to two devices, simultaneously).

Usually the internet is approx. 10% less than booking on board. Combine that with the 30% Elite discount and it makes the cost palatable ;)