Anthem lunch options on embarcation day

On 8/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, Jozpankey said:

I keep reading responses about Bayonne as being beautiful, but now with this thread I'm wondering if it's a sarcastic beautiful haha!! We leave Saturday on Anthem, so I guess I'll find out which way it is!

It is sarcasm.  Bayonne is not pretty but it isn't horrible either.  Do not let it worry you.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Nope, the ship is docked at lunch time on embarkation day.

This is my first time on Royal, but not my first cruise. Every other line I cruised had lunch options that mirrored a sea day including the MDR being open.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

This is my first time on Royal, but not my first cruise. Every other line I cruised had lunch options that mirrored a sea day including the MDR being open.

I guess Royal is unique then.  The MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day, except sometimes for a special event, such as back to back guests.

2 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

None of the MDRs are open for lunch?

2 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Wouldn't embarkation day count as a sea day?

The MDR is simply not open for lunch on embarkation day on Royal Caribbean ships.  Regardless of what you may have experienced on other lines, it's not.

I found the open lunch options but I still need to know what an MDR is?  Thanks

Other lunch options are Cafe 270, Solarium Bistro, seaplex Dog House, Cafe Promenade, and Sorrentos. There are also pay venues open for lunch. Compass will list what's open starting at 11 am.

5 minutes ago, Lovetotravel214 said:

Hello all,

What is an MDR? (I'm acronym challenged).  Also, does anyone know what are the options other than the buffet on embarkation day?

Main Dining Room.

I can't believe I missed this. I called to find out info about the Internet package and I mentioned to the rep I got it by purchasing "The Key" for my upcoming cruise. She told me I get lunch at Chops Grill on embarkation day and a special breakfast on the morning of departure. I had no idea it included that. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

I can't believe I missed this. I called to find out info about the Internet package and I mentioned to the rep I got it by purchasing "The Key" for my upcoming cruise. She told me I get lunch at Chops Grill on embarkation day and a special breakfast on the morning of departure. I had no idea it included that. 🤷‍♂️

Oy. If all you want/need is internet (Voom), you might want to take another look at what you've pre-purchased. You certainly can get internet without the "free" lunch, etc. Or maybe just take a look at the 60-page thread on the Key! :classic_biggrin:

7 hours ago, zooma said:

Oy. If all you want/need is internet (Voom), you might want to take another look at what you've pre-purchased. You certainly can get internet without the "free" lunch, etc. Or maybe just take a look at the 60-page thread on the Key! :classic_biggrin:

I didn't get the Key for the Internet or lunch, which is why I forgot the latter was even a perk. I got it so I wouldn't have to wait in lines and compete with the other 4,150 people to see a show, climb the rock wall, or get the heck off the ship when in port in a reasonable time. I'm not loyal to any brand and cruise only once per year. The idea of paying a little money to get the same (or even better) perks as RCL cruisers who have given the line THOUSANDS of their hard earned cash over YEARS just to earn those privileges is an attractive deal to me.

• 2 weeks later...