Facecloths!

MicroPilot

Facecloths do seem to be going from UK hotels. They are still usual in five star hotels but rarer in four star. Three star and budget almost never provided.

I think all UK based ships cabin bathrooms I have had facecloths with a few exceptions on Cruise and Maritime Voyages.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I know that, in a suite, you get robes. But:-

A) do you get slippers too?

B) are there facecloths? I never understand why (U.K) hotels provide hand & bath towels, but never a facecloth.

I LOVE that you call them facecloths! I asked at Wmart where the 'facecloths' were and the woman walked me over to the pre-moistened makeup remover cloths. ??? I guess where I live they are now washcloths.

I LOVE that you call them facecloths! I asked at Wmart where the 'facecloths' were and the woman walked me over to the pre-moistened makeup remover cloths. ??? I guess where I live they are now washcloths.

I call them flannels LOL

Face cloths are in all cabins on P&O.

Slippers, I believe, are available in suites. (From table companions on my last cruise, who were in a suite).

Slippers are also given to those Mediterranean Tier and above in the loyalty scheme.

So I know that, in a suite, you get robes. But:-

A) do you get slippers too?

B) are there facecloths? I never understand why (U.K) hotels provide hand & bath towels, but never a facecloth.

We have just got off Ventura and we had

Bathrobes, slippers and facecloths in our

Superior Deluxe Balcony cabin.

To me, they're still flannels.

We are British so they are flannels, Wash Cloths in the USA are used for a very different part of the body.

British face cloths are for the face. Flannels are for other parts of the body. Wash Cloths don't exist.

I used to call face cloths flannels but now that I have climbed up the social strata of course realise that flannels are trousers, often worn with a blazer ;-).

Seriously though, I agree with Stephen that the majority of hotels now no longer supply them. Like everything else, it is probably a cost saving in both procurement and washing. Its like most casual chain restaurants that no longer automatically supply a fork for dessert - just a spoon. I'm constantly asking for a fork nowadays.

I used to call face cloths flannels but now that I have climbed up the social strata of course realise that flannels are trousers, often worn with a blazer ;-).

Seriously though, I agree with Stephen that the majority of hotels now no longer supply them. Like everything else, it is probably a cost saving in both procurement and washing. Its like most casual chain restaurants that no longer automatically supply a fork for dessert - just a spoon. I'm constantly asking for a fork nowadays.

Excellent piece of thread drift starting there!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

How do you eat ice cream or custard with a fork?