cabin service

CruisinCrow

AAAAmerican is making up stories.

I don't understand the response from BlerkOne to my post. I was simply differentiating between morning and evening service. In the good old days, morning service was the making of the bed, the cleaning of the bathroom, the vacuuming of the floor. The evening service was the turn down service, not the cleaning of the bathroom and the vacuuming of the floor. Carnival is trying to get rid of it.

Perhaps I misunderstood.

I disagree that Carnival is trying to get rid of either service. As with robes, ice buckets, and perhaps more, both/either are available on request.

We're going on our first CCL cruise in 15 years and I have to admit that this is a bit of a turn off. We are very neat but love the twice a day service. I will feel uncomfortable asking for it because I don't want to be a bother.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

You won't be a bother. Most people get twice a day. We always need ice twice a day.

We're going on our first CCL cruise in 15 years and I have to admit that this is a bit of a turn off. We are very neat but love the twice a day service. I will feel uncomfortable asking for it because I don't want to be a bother.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

The steward gives you a card where you can check off what services you want, as well as things like robes, etc. It's not a bit uncomfortable! I write in extra pillows, too.

Dear mkmaj:

Never feel uncormfortable, your paying the Sea Fare eh..Normalcy in not any bother. Lookj at it as not asking but requesting normalcy now.

Sent Forums mobile app

Dear BlerkOne,

Thank you. Your youth is a vital tool to use well.

I saw you stated a few hundred years. sio was that just looquacious palaver?. I gather Methusela is kin to you eh.. My eldest male kin was only 108 ,female kin 112, my MIL now is a Garden State Centarian. They cruised on the Rotterdam 5 which was before they were going Chapter 7 and Carnival bought it all on the inexpensive side.. Yes in Cruising times were so much better but the cost in ratio were more too. On Board Service such as cabin services were done more times daily too.

So glad now maybe your reading actual History.

Look up the First Grand Admiral in/of France. Ships actually changed from being rowed as well fire ships too. His father was and is the only one ever to conquer Heildelberg, Germany etc.. and was a Marshall of France. You do not need a list of the guest at his wedding.. His mother was the only sister of Cardinal Richeleu.

On Carnival CCL :NYSE/LSE CUK :NYSE/LSE did you know the original Chairman was part owner and on the Board of what is NCL now? We had so many more ships using NJ and NYC Ports of Call.

Back in the day before stabilizers? When your ancestors rowed to the edge of a flat earth? Not on any Carnival that I know, but I've only been cruising for a few hundred years.

Dear S.S. Oceanlover,

At least in your 27 your ganing more knowledge now as i always do.

Cunard did have services as well HAL above and beyond Carnvals main fleet of ships.

You may know why Celebrity ( A Greekl Owned Line ) was purchased? Yes for the Somers isles ( Bermuda) spots.

That was IMHO, the very best line at its time for the culinary delights, they had a Professional Wait staff too.

We had 3 times a day cabin service as well. More if requested and needed if the parties were given.

Then RCL :NYSE took them over at a higher price point than needed.

You may have cruised on some of the vessels too at that time . :D

NJ/NYC, NY was and still is one of the most profitable, going to Bermuda ships use a very low amount of fuel.

I wonder which ship using LNG will go to Bermuda first and will N.Ireland Island have the fueling abilities on that now?

3 times a day service? Been cruising for 27 years so it must have been before then as we have never experienced that.

Maybe it's on Cunard or something?

Bill

How messy are you that you need both? Do you wash towels at home after a single use?

Non issue with once a day, prefer evening myself. Come back from dinner and all cleaned.

I do not wash towels after a single use at home but in the ship bathroom, they rarely dry all the way. I don't NEED turn down service but I like it, I'm on vacation and I want it. I also want ice twice a day. And, you are free to choose just evening. I will continue to choose both.

I do not wash towels after a single use at home but in the ship bathroom, they rarely dry all the way. I don't NEED turn down service but I like it, I'm on vacation and I want it. I also want ice twice a day. And, you are free to choose just evening. I will continue to choose both.

Yep, I feel the same. I reuse towels at home, but I am not going to reuse them on the ship. I'm on vacation, not at home! I want some luxury, darn it!