Crew does nothing to stop bad behavior

Mythbuster

I sometimes travel with someone who uses a scooter and many people step right in front of him all the time. He is very careful and sometimes goes too slow for my tastes, but I've also had to watch him constantly dodge thoughtless people who act like he can stop on a dime.

If he's traveling at an appropriate speed, stopping on a dime should be a cinch.

I find it surprising and interesting at the same time, that people that can afford the luxury of a suite and Luminae, can also unfortunately, afford to be rude. I once thought, that luxury and prestige meant also class and honor. I guess it is not always true.

I hope OP that you were able to enjoy your cruise anyway!

Unfortunately, money can't buy class.

I appreciate the other comments with regards to health issues, but if someone has to have a particular table, then surely they speak to the Special Needs department prior to the cruise and then guest services onboard to make certain that their request is met?

Not necessary, but in any case he should have told you with a lot of apologies that he needs such table, or he would ask the Maitre’d to ask you for the table (and Maitre’d will apologies with you). This do not requires to be Canadian or classy, it is just an expected civilized behaviour. The classy manner would be the "Maitre’d" option, because it is discreeter, or better, by being cautious so asking the Maitre’d in large advance to keep the table for him at a precise time.

Didn't the OP also mention that this person was always first in the queue to presumably secure this table when the doors open - sounds like they might be on the spectrum. Some people get very upset if their routines are disrupted.

So just a rude person with obsessive–compulsive disorder.

Didn't the OP also mention that this person was always first in the queue to presumably secure this table when the doors open - sounds like they might be on the spectrum. Some people get very upset if their routines are disrupted.

Agree!

Yes, and many guests 30 years or even 25 years plus may have gone right through school without ever being assessed....Just described as ‘Jonny likes routines’ or ‘Jonny can not cope with change’. More negative descriptions could include ‘He becomes angry when he can’t have his own way’ and ‘He cannot understand the point of view of others’. It is exactly the point you make which made me earlier in this thread indicate that I thought he could have issues.

The behaviour observed may not be referred to special needs as requiring a specific table because neither the guest or his spouse are aware his fixations are part of a condition....Just seen by the world as a grumpy man who wants his own way.

Without a diagnosis I wonder what the response of special needs would have been if his wife had phoned up and requested reserving a specific table in Luminae for b,l,d as that was what her husband liked. I can imagine a polite ‘We always try to seat guests in their preferred area but we cannot guarantee.....’ Come to think of it even with a diagnosis of autism would they be willing to save him a specific table at a specific time? I do hope so, as I fellow Luminae patron I would not mind a guest with a specific need physical, mental or behavioural having a table designated.

This is a very interesting conversation I myself can kind of be one of those people who likes certain tables I would get there early if I had to just to secure a really great window seat in luminae and did like a particular one ! And waiter ! I would joke to my DH that it was our table!! If we were ever late or someone was there before us and ended up at my favorite table I would never be upset! Knowing that was I probably going to eat at the table another day or night during the rest of our cruise!! I did notice on the 15 day cruise that a lot of people tended to eat at the same tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums