Breakfast ideas for very early excursions?

SalsaFresca

We have a couple excursions that leave very early: 0615 and 0700. One serves a small boxed snack around noon; the other doesn't provide food, and they're both around five hours long. Any ideas for accessing a very early breakfast other than buying a bunch of food in Seattle and bringing it on the boat at embarkation?

We have a couple excursions that leave very early: 0615 and 0700. One serves a small boxed snack around noon; the other doesn't provide food, and they're both around five hours long. Any ideas for accessing a very early breakfast other than buying a bunch of food in Seattle and bringing it on the boat at embarkation?

Everyone else will be up early and eating at the buffet. The Pearl adjusts it's restaurant schedule to the port calls.

Room service does not adjust its schedule.

The alternative is to pick up cartons of milk at the buffet, boxes of cereal, bowls, silverware, fresh fruit, breads at the buffet the day before and make your own room service.

There’s usually a early risers breakfast at the buffet with cold items pretty early (maybe 5?). I don’t know what time room service starts. Could also just grab cold items from the buffet the day before to keep in your room overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the buffet won't be open early enough for you then I agree with others, grab food the prior day and keep it in your fridge. In support of that, be sure to have you steward clean out your fridge when you move in so there will be room. Also, keep the cabinet door where your fridge is located open (or at least cracked) to help it stay down in temp, especially when you put food in it. We leave our cabinet door open when not in the room and have asked our steward to keep it open.

Room service would be my bet. DW and DD have no idea that there is early breakfast as they sleep way later then I do. If you have an early riser and want something beyond continental, send the riser for the buffet and have room service bring the pot of coffee and things that are the continental. Last cruise (Haven) I had Oliver the butler extraordinaire deliver coffee at 6 am and continental plus coffee and hot chocolate two hours late for the rest of the room. Key to getting this done is get room service setup the night before even if you are outside the Haven.

Sent from my iPad using Forums