Chocolate Melting Cake

bearsnut84

Buy a box of chocolate brownie mix. Mix as directed and put in a muffin pan. Change the bake temp up by 75*F. This will cook the outside of the cupcake, but leave the inside gooey. Adding a Hersey kiss in the middle of each muffin is also a neat thing.

Not an exact copy, but it sure will get in your mouth.

We've done a gluten-free version a few times. My sister does it most of the time now, I can find out what her current recipe is if you want me to. Her recipe is pretty close to the ship. Back when I did it personally, I followed the carnival recipe. SO MUCH BUTTER! Turned out ok, but not as good as the ship.

2b708e014064d00b2a5f8d8eadeb714f.jpg

This is the actual recipe from carnival that I received when doing a behind-the-scenes tour(Sidenote excellent tour if you’ve never done it) you must use a very good dark chocolate and use extra fine baking sugar. I use ramekins just like in the picture. Comes out perfect every time. I have family that begs me to make this for special occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They got you hooked they know you are not going anywhere.they email my wife and grandson with supposed deals.they are usually last minute need to sell cabin offers though.their rates are the same as what I booked at.

Have done Chefs table 5 times and each time we get this recipe. And not once have we ever tried to make it. Just wouldn’t be the same thing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As you can see from my "handle" I'm a big fan----but I agree with you. We'd rather book more cruises than bake on our own!

I guess my wife and I are in the minority, but we are not big fans of the chocolate melting cake. It is okay, but not great. My wife makes a much better chocolate cobbler and chocolate chip cake that I would take any day over the melting cake.

I'm the only one at the table that doesn't order it, too rich for my blood, as are most desserts. I love the fruit plate and sherbet though! :D

We got the recipe on the behind the fun tour and my wife has perfected it.

The key is to use very good dark chocolate and make sure the eggs are at room temp.

We have served this several times to friends that we are trying to talk into cruising with us and it hooks them every time.

[quote=Titan_Cruiser;5692747 ...

The key is to use very good dark chocolate and make sure the eggs are at room temp.

I adjust the recipe above from Carnival by using only 3 eggs. For measuring ease, it's half a cup of sugar, and 5 level Tablespoons of flour.

Use very good bitter or semi-sweet chocolate, minimum of 60% cacao -- somewhere in the 70's is best, and use unsalted butter.

Self rising or A/P flour?

2b708e014064d00b2a5f8d8eadeb714f.jpg

This is the actual recipe from carnival that I received when doing a behind-the-scenes tour(Sidenote excellent tour if you’ve never done it) you must use a very good dark chocolate and use extra fine baking sugar. I use ramekins just like in the picture. Comes out perfect every time. I have family that begs me to make this for special occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone had success at making this at home? we have the recipe that carnival put out a while back and it was not good. Any tips or recipes would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure even Carnival has success with WCMC anymore. On recent Breeze cruise, I ordered it 4 times. The first time was really runny..about 85% liquid. The second time it was not runny at all...basically cake through and through about 0% liquid. The 3rd time it was how I think it is suppose to be...about 30% runny all in the middle. The 4th night was like the first.

We got the recipe on the behind the fun tour and my wife has perfected it.

We have served this several times to friends that we are trying to talk into cruising with us and it hooks them every time.

Which brand of dark chocolate does your wife use?