Possible to have fresh fruit and/or ingredients in smoothies and Virgin cocktails?

We will be on the 12 night Anthem of the seas in January. I have purchased the refreshment package. Will the bartenders have the ability to use fresh fruit for smoothies and frozen Virgin cocktails? Or is it strictly pre made powdered or fake syrup's?(yn)(yn):tropical-drink: If so, are there only particular locations that would have this availability?

We will be on the 12 night Anthem of the seas in January. I have purchased the refreshment package. Will the bartenders have the ability to use fresh fruit for smoothies and frozen Virgin cocktails? Or is it strictly pre made powdered or fake syrup's?(yn)(yn):tropical-drink: If so, are there only particular locations that would have this availability?

I know on Oasis class ships fresh fruit smoothies are only available at the Vitality cafe. Not sure if there is a similar venue on Anthem.

My sister always carried a banana around with her on the Oasis. Several times, when they were not busy, the bartender would add the banana to an already prepared banana daiquiri. It was hit or miss and she always tipped well.

I've had bartenders who seek out various special ingredients from the kitchen or buffet to make certain drinks that need them for their customers. But you need to give them good reason to go out of their way to do that for you. :)

I also almost always return each night around closing time with whole pizzas from Sorrento's for my regular bar staff, too.

I suppose one is probably connected to the other. :)

I've had bartenders who seek out various special ingredients from the kitchen or buffet to make certain drinks that need them for their customers. But you need to give them good reason to go out of their way to do that for you. :)

I also almost always return each night around closing time with whole pizzas from Sorrento's for my regular bar staff, too.

Clever you!

Curious if they offered the special ingredients or did you request them?

Clever you!

Curious if they offered the special ingredients or did you request them?

Really it was never a "transaction" so much as I just find a bar with staff I enjoy hanging out with and bring a pizza or two and adjust toppings or other additions to accommodate. Then often conversations about things veer towards specific drinks like someone orders something they can't quite make from what they have at the bar, and they come up with ideas and follow through in future days, and it's included getting special things from the kitchen or even just grabbing a bunch of stuff available in the buffet.

I'd usually manage to corral 6 or 8 other people regularly meeting up at some point every day at the bar, and we'd "buy" each other drinks or shots (we'd generally all have drink packages, so "buying" each other drinks is really easy and cheap!). And that leads to a whole lot more sorts of interaction with bar staff, with everyone having lots of fun at it as well. As I recall the last time I was on Anthem of the Seas, I'd had several other groups "trained" to get food for the bar staff, like desserts and sandwiches, etc. Funny how some actions can sort of go viral... :)

This ^^^^^^

I was talking to the pool bar bartender about the proper way to make a caipirinha, with sugar, not simple syrup.

He went to the WJ and came back with sugar packets to make it.

He got an extra tip. :D

And made everyone after that with sugar. :D