Which Norwegien fjord cruise would you choose?

Tikka234

We went last July on Arcadia

Going back next year with brother and sister in law.

Looking at 5th may on Ventura. Or

26th may same ship and ports but school holidays.

Or Brittannia 18th may same ports

We're keeping to same ports as there's 2 we haven't been to Alesund and Bergen

And Stavenger and Olden we have visited as well as Flam

Is early May nice view wise, maybe a bit more snow on mountains?

Anyone been early or late May,

Also we haven't sailed on Ventura or Brittannia, so any advice please

We went on Oriana once, first cruise ship into Gerainger in early May. Weather was poor and because so early in the season, the ice hadn’t thawed and the waterfalls that should have been spectacular, were non existent.I would go late May at the earliest if I went again. We still enjoyed it as will you, I’m sure.

We have been early May on Azura and it was lovely... it was even hot in Flaam despite the forecast of 13 degrees in the morning. Weather can change several times in a day in Norway as I am sure you know.

So yes, I would recommend early May in Norway but I'm afraid I would definitely avoid a school holiday trip there on Ventura later on in May.

But that is just IMHO as they say.

We have been early May on Azura and it was lovely... it was even hot in Flaam despite the forecast of 13 degrees in the morning. Weather can change several times in a day in Norway as I am sure you know.

So yes, I would recommend early May in Norway but I'm afraid I would definitely avoid a school holiday trip there on Ventura later on in May.

But that is just IMHO as they say.

Thanks for that if you had to drop Flam or Olden which would you drop I enjoyed them both but was looking at different ports to last time which was stavenger, olden, flam (which we loved) and haugesund which we didn't rate at all.

We have been on numerous school holiday cruises to Northern climes and there are far fewer children than you would get on the Med in August, its why we chose them.

Early May weather is similar to Feb/March in the UK and the weather may disrupt access to roads and affect trips ( parents went in early May a few years ago and a lot of tours were cancelled due to snow).

We have visited Olden twice, Flam once. I have no desire to return to Flam. We have done the train which under whelmed us and had a walk around and don't feel we missed anything.

We have been on numerous school holiday cruises to Northern climes and there are far fewer children than you would get on the Med in August, its why we chose them.

Early May weather is similar to Feb/March in the UK and the weather may disrupt access to roads and affect trips ( parents went in early May a few years ago and a lot of tours were cancelled due to snow).

We have visited Olden twice, Flam once. I have no desire to return to Flam. We have done the train which under whelmed us and had a walk around and don't feel we missed anything.

Thanks for your reply, I think we may look a bit later then I was thinking of a different season for yourself but rest of our group haven't been before so don't want n t them to miss the spenders of the fjords with stunning waterfalls, which seem better to view a bit later.

We are doing the fjords on Britannia next July. First time on P&O.

It will be in the school holidays but as it coincides with my 60th birthday we decided to take a chance. I'm working on the basis that most family will head to the Med rather than the fjords - fingers crossed:D