Is there a cutoff time for porters? HarmonyOTS

We will be taking the Disney Magical Express to MCO, so we don't have to worry about that. Have to be picked up 3 hours before our flight, which is 7:35am, but it'll be worth it for the peace of mind.

I think you made an excellent choice changing your flight. Have used Disney Express many times and it's an excellent service.

You will be able to board the ship much earlier and enjoy the ship, food, drinks, etc. Cabins open up around 1:00 pm so you can drop your carryon stuff and bigger bags will be delivered later.

Everyone gave good advice about flight. Flying from Wisconsin I always fly in a day before a cruise. So often people remind me of winter storms etc. However, in many years of traveling I have had more problems with Florida afternoon thunderstorms than anything else.

OMG, read the op's location and first post

I QUOTED the OP first post.

No where did it say how far they were flying from. No where did they say which port, just that they were flying into FLL.

Later post -

We're flying out of Orlando into Ft Lauderdale.
Yeap a VERY long flight.

Yes, hopefully they are leaving from FLL.

But then again, some people do not realize how big FL is, especially if from outside the US.

The 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive isn't bad - easier than trying to get to MCO during rush hour. And in general rental car companies don't have one way dropoff charges in Florida. So our last rental was around $50 including tolls and gas. Several of the companies will also take you to the ship.

MCO, even early, you want to be at the airport at LEAST 2 hours early. Check in lines can be LONG. And security lines can be LONG and SLOW (people trying to carry on all sorts of prohibited items).

So 30 - 45 minutes to airport. 2 hours at airport. 1 hour gate to gate flight. 30 minutes to get luggage = 4 - 4.5 hours.

Driving, 3 - 3.5 hours.

Math is your friend. :D

We will be taking the Disney Magical Express to MCO, so we don't have to worry about that. Have to be picked up 3 hours before our flight, which is 7:35am, but it'll be worth it for the peace of mind.

If you drove, you could probably sleep those extra three hours, at least. I wouldn't want to start a cruise having woken up at 4 in the morning!

Well I just went ahead and changed our flight to the one that lands at FLL at 8:40am. We are using points and I have a companion pass, so it didn't cost me extra money and just used up a few more points. Waking up at Disney World at 4am won't be easy (not for us) but it will mean more peace of mind when we land.

And I guess now we'll be among the first on the ship.

Wise decision. I think you will be happy that you changed it.

We are coming from MCO because we have a week at Disney World the week before our cruise.

Okay, I'd rather not drive and it would cost us a bit more because all of our flights are paid for with Southwest points. BUT, if you guys can work with me and entertaining me with the option to drive, I will consider the option. I do have a few questions after doing some research.

I'm staying at Disney's Port Orleans - Riverside and it looks like one of the closest rental car facilities is Alamo, among others. It also looks like there is an Alamo near Port Everglades Terminal 18 but when I pick this location for drop-off, it gives me a price of over $180. When I pick FLL as the destination, I get way better prices of around $50. Is this normal?

During the drive, are there any toll roads? How much are these? I ask so I know to bring the right amount on me.

Is there an easier and closer rental car company near to the port? How do we get from the rental car facility to the terminal? I may just drop-off at airport to get a taxi.

Our family was going to go to Disney World Post cruise last April but I had to cancel our cruise and travel due to a family emergency. I do hope the daughter & I soon can return to an Oasis Class cruise soon.

I hope everything turned out okay and that you guys get back out there sometime soon!

Thank you Fabio, our daughter is my new cruise partner now. I did have us on the Allure for this past April but it appears the Allure has been taken off all April 2020 sailings, possibly for dry dock so moved us to the Freedom but do hope to rebook with the Allure to say we were on the mega ship:) My previous Post was for the Oasis then did book the Allure for this April for the daughter & I but again had to move over to the Freedom.

Agree!!!:eek:

You'll be glad to know OP changed their flight time. It was post # 18 back on page 1:

Well I just went ahead and changed our flight to the one that lands at FLL at 8:40am. We are using points and I have a companion pass, so it didn't cost me extra money and just used up a few more points. Waking up at Disney World at 4am won't be easy (not for us) but it will mean more peace of mind when we land.

And I guess now we'll be among the first on the ship.

Yeah, we changed out flight to morning time, landing at 8:40 at FLL.

After thinking about driving and the added costs, we decided to just stick with the current plan of flying and having a cocktail on the flight.

With driving it would cost us about $100 more compared to our flight, which is paid for in Southwest points and a Companion Pass of mine. I drive all the time and I would like to not have to drive a 3+ hour drive on our vacation. I'd rather put that money toward a massage on the ship for the future Mrs.