Uber v. Taxi from EWR to Embassy Suites Then to ship

piper

any suggestions on Uber/Lyft from airport to Embassy Suites hotel? Same question Uber vs shuttle from hotel (private company whose name I don’t recall) to ship

Thanks!

Can you manage your luggage? Embassy Suites has a free shuttle from the P4 Airtrain station. If that doesn't suit, either Uber/Lyft or a taxi would work from the terminal to the hotel.

Hotel shuttle to Cape Liberty is $20/pp. Uber/Lyft would would be a similar amount for 2 people.

Thanks, Carol. Is it true that Uber can get you closer to the terminal than the hotel shuttle?

The answer is maybe. Here's a short video -

Uber would drop off from the cars line. The entrance to the terminal is on the far right, so you could be dropped off anywhere along the curb. Porters are available all along this curb. Shuttle buses would pull into the center island area where there are also porters to take your luggage. In the video you can see folks walking from the center Island towards the terminal entrance.

I don't think it makes a big difference - you can't control exactly where your Uber vehicle is directed to stop nor can you control where the shuttle bus is directed to park. IMO the center Island drop off is a bit better organized and less chaotic. The sidewalk in front of the terminal is crowded with luggage carts and with folks trying to get through to the terminal with small rolling bags (not visible in the video). Cars frequently double park to unload, which adds to the confusion.

Edited by 138east

Check prices. I am finding Uber to be getting VERY expensive. More expensive than cabs or Lyft.

I noticed that Uber has gone up here too. Last week Uber was saying $52 from Dulles Airport to my home. Lyft said $41 so I took a Lyft. A taxi would have been $55 so Uber was cheaper than a taxi but Lyft is usually always been better lately. Only thing is that Uber generally shows up in five minutes or less. Lyft says three minutes but shows up in eight or nine. Definitely have both apps and compare.

I noticed that Uber has gone up here too. Last week Uber was saying $52 from Dulles Airport to my home. Lyft said $41 so I took a Lyft. A taxi would have been $55 so Uber was cheaper than a taxi but Lyft is usually always been better lately. Only thing is that Uber generally shows up in five minutes or less. Lyft says three minutes but shows up in eight or nine. Definitely have both apps and compare.

Was in Philly a couple of weeks ago. Wanted to go to the waterfront for an evening deal with music and such.

Uber wanted almost $20. Lyft was $8. :o