Celebrity Air Complaint

gbatch750

I think this is my real issue Celebrity just flat out refused to do anything. A good TA would have been all over this.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

I agree, Celebrity dropped the ball on this when you first called, since it is their responsibility since they booked and paid for your flight, and that is why I suggested that you ask for a supervisor.I hope everything works out for you. I remember some years ago, I was going to Rome for a cruise on Celebrity. I spoke to them about making airline reservations. I had already priced what it would cost me to make them and thought that their contract rate would be a better deal. Surprisingly, their price was higher than what I could book the flight for. When I questioned why it was higher, their answer was we have a contract rate which is the best rate....they never understood that their contract rate was higher than if one booked with the airline directly. Needless to say, I've never called them again for airline tickets.

November 5th Equinox bound. I used Celebrity Air for first time, initial booking went without any issues. I was recently notified of a American Airlines flight charge. Flight departs 30 minutes earlier, with a 43 minute layover in Phoenix. Although, the 43 minute falls within AA 40 minute minimum flight change, anyone who has transferred in PHX knows wife and I'll be lucky to make the next leg and can guarantee our checked bags won`t. If we miss the flight our layover turns into 5+ hours.

However, the 30 minute earlier flight DOES qualify us for a flight charge according to AA. I called Celebrity Air and explained my issue. Customer service told me they couldn't help me as "the time changes aren't long enough and we have no phone lines that make outbound calls, you call AA and put us on a group call with them." REALLY! After reading AA flight change rules to him, he repeated they can't do outbound calls.

I booked two round trip first class non-refundable tickets with Celebrity Air and expected them to deal with AA like any good travel agency would do.

BTW AA as expected acknowledged I am due a change, but said they had no premium first class availability that day. So if I miss my flight at PHX as I casually stroll from one gate to the other AA better breakout their free flight voucher and/or checkbook.

I forgot to mention Choice Air could make changes for $200 fee and price increase of $450 per seat, but wouldn't deal with American Airlines, even though I'm eligible for flight change based American Airlines policy.

If I had a problem, I couldn't blame Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, as I book the air, after booking the cruise, through choiceair.com. How they interact with the cruise line I don't know.

Not 100% positive but I believe ChoiceAir is owned by Royal Caribbean. If you google it you'll see it used by RCCL along with X and Azamara, botalso owned by RC. I don't see any other cruise lines using it.

If I had a problem, I couldn't blame Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, as I book the air, after booking the cruise, through choiceair.com. How they interact with the cruise line I don't know.
Choice Air is owned and operated by Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, booked with cruise.

I'm always able to deal with the airlines directly after booking with Choice Air but the only time I really use them is for international travel, especially one way flights. Their prices for those are much better than dealing directly with airlines.

That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. Do you think that's going to affect them in any way. It will just make your trip longer and more inconvenient.

Ha ha, thinking the same thing. Just get off the plane and walk. So sorry your first class seats require you to walk a little faster than you want....... Wow!

I'm always able to deal with the airlines directly after booking with Choice Air but the only time I really use them is for international travel, especially one way flights. Their prices for those are much better than dealing directly with airlines.

That’s good to know because I always wondered why people would use Choice Air.

caused us to miss our connecting flight coming home from Rome. Our first class 14 hour trip became a coach class flight that got us home 25 hours later. After a lot of nonsense from them we did get vouchers for the legal compensation allowed.

As your flight was departing Rome, you have some protection due to the rules of EU261. Very different from flights on US airlines departing from the US.

No, but I'm not going to run from one gate to the next as they expect me to do and have done before

So you'd rather "be right" than actually make your flight? I don't understand that. If you miss the flight you are potentially faced with either staying overnight and extending your journey, and all the hassle that goes with that, or voluntarily accepting a downgrade to economy class, and as a voluntary downgrade, you aren't due any sort of compensation for the fare difference. But go ahead and prove your point by not running. You'll have all those extra hours of waiting to get home to know that you were right and they were wrong and boy didn't you stick it to them. :rolleyes:

So you'd rather "be right" than actually make your flight? I don't understand that. If you miss the flight you are potentially faced with either staying overnight and extending your journey, and all the hassle that goes with that, or voluntarily accepting a downgrade to economy class, and as a voluntary downgrade, you aren't due any sort of compensation for the fare difference. But go ahead and prove your point by not running. You'll have all those extra hours of waiting to get home to know that you were right and they were wrong and boy didn't you stick it to them. :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly. While you are facing a bad situation, your approach to it (IMHO) will only make it worse. As others have suggested, call by Choice Air and see if a different rep/manager can assist. Also, if that does not work and you are a member of the Captain's club give them a call. At this point you have nothing to lose.

I have never had any luck with Choice Air... online. I just tried to look at flights for a May cruise. When I click on the button of the flight that I want, nothing happens. :rolleyes: Also, the flight pricing comes up as Economy. How do I find out the Comfort+ or Business class price? Looking at Delta.

As your flight was departing Rome, you have some protection due to the rules of EU261. Very different from flights on US airlines departing from the US.

I guess we can all be sheep and do what we're told to do and not what I planned and paid to do. Yes, I might miss my flight. Yes, I might be inconvenienced. Frankly the way America Airlines changed my flight I'm going to be inconvenienced anyway.

I have to get up and out earlier then I planned in Miami, if I make my flight in PHX I doubt my checked bags will. In reality the people that will be inconviniced are the ones on the plane waiting on us as American Airlines told me they may hold the flight until we board unless we have a lengthy delay.

You do as you're told, I'll do as I wish, but thanks for the advice.

I have never had any luck with Choice Air... online. I just tried to look at flights for a May cruise. When I click on the button of the flight that I want, nothing happens. :rolleyes: Also, the flight pricing comes up as Economy. How do I find out the Comfort+ or Business class price? Looking at Delta.
You have to call for that pricing. Before you do check prices at airlines site so you can compare.

I just wanted to note that the original agent you spoke with who indicated they could not make outbound calls was likely telling the truth, and not just wanting to make it more complicated for you in regards to getting AA on the phone.

I used to work at a call center for a bank, and I could only make internal calls. If I clicked to open a new external line, I would have started receiving more inbound calls on that line too.

I'm not saying it's not frustrating for the customer, or that your frustrations aren't valid. I just wanted to provide a little insight that the agent likely wasn't lying.

You do as you're told, I'll do as I wish, but thanks for the advice.

I don't believe I actually gave you any advice, per se. I just questioned why it was more important to you to "be right" than to actual try to make your flight. As someone earlier said, this seems like a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. But hey, if that works for you, go for it.

That is INCORRECT. Here is a direct link from the AA website:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/faqs/customer-service-faqs.jsp

Look under "Refunds" third question.

It is 61 minutes or greater so Choice Air will be unable to help you. Try and stay positive or this will ruin your cruise before you even leave.

The 61 minute standard is correct if you want a full refund and cancel your flight all together. For a schedule change, you can make adjustments if the change is between 31-90 minutes but you have to be in the same ticket bucket which is where the obstacle typically comes into play. 90+ minute changes open up a few more options.

Edit - I would also add that PHX is an easy airport to connect in. The biggest inconvenience you would possibly encounter is having to take a moving walkway to a different concourse. If you choose to 'stick it to them' and toy with missing your connnection, the only person inconvenienced will be yourself. You aren't going to get much sympathy if that plane is on the ground and you're at Starbucks.

Edited by paulh84

I'll switch to United.

Not much different...

Have independently booked flights for my next cruise with American (non-stop) on the outbound and United connecting for the return.

American Airlines changed schedule and equipment but I got an email directly from them (even though BA booked the tickets as a miles redemption) allowing me to change flights or cancel if necessary. Took 5 minutes to sort out because I had to reselect seats.

A few weeks ago I just happened to check my United flights for the return journey to confirm some times and lo and behold a big message popped up saying everything had been changed and I must accept the changes to continue. There was also the option to call them, but I wasn't going to get anywhere online.

So, no email from United, no other options but to accept a 4 hour layover (Vs 1 hour) and arrive home much later than anticipated.

It's not always greener on the other side.

The 61 minute standard is correct if you want a full refund and cancel your flight all together. For a schedule change, you can make adjustments if the change is between 31-90 minutes but you have to be in the same ticket bucket which is where the obstacle typically comes into play. 90+ minute changes open up a few more options.

Edit - I would also add that PHX is an easy airport to connect in. The biggest inconvenience you would possibly encounter is having to take a moving walkway to a different concourse. If you choose to 'stick it to them' and toy with missing your connnection, the only person inconvenienced will be yourself. You aren't going to get much sympathy if that plane is on the ground and you're at Starbucks.

Don't drink Starbucks lol....think my real problem is first class tickets now are at 1900 each, which is more then I paid for both tickets in January