Deluxe balcony cabin on princess majestic question

JohnGc

Hi fellow cruisers. I notice that all the Deluxe balcony cabins on the Majestic Princess have a sofa bed. If one of these is booked for two people does that mean there is a possibility of being moved to a standard two berth cabin if a third berth cabin is required ? Seems strange if a couple want to book a deluxe they only have the choice of a sofa bed and then could get booted out. I did state we do not want upgrades.

Cheers John.

I was told that only the mini suites have sofa beds. The balconies have a bed which is pulled down from the ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi cruisine21, According to Princess deck plan of the Majestic it list all deluxe cabins as just having a double bed sofa lounge.

Hi we have a deluxe balcony here on majestic, it has a sofa bed, i doubt you will be changed.

We marked no upgrade. Just note there is less storage in this category.

See my posts on Majestic thread.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Hi we have a deluxe balcony here on majestic, it has a sofa bed, i doubt you will be changed.

We marked no upgrade. Just note there is less storage in this category.

See my posts on Majestic thread.

Hi Cheznandy. Thank you for that info. Have been following your journey with great interest. Thank you for taking time out of your holiday for all the updates and also replying to my question, it is very much appreciated. I will tell my wife about the storage being less, I will tell her she can only take a carry on bag. ;)Did read about the storage being less with no drawers under the desk owing to the fridge etc, nice to be for warned. Cabin sounds nice though.

Edited by JohnGc

Hi fellow cruisers. I notice that all the Deluxe balcony cabins on the Majestic Princess have a sofa bed. If one of these is booked for two people does that mean there is a possibility of being moved to a standard two berth cabin if a third berth cabin is required ? Seems strange if a couple want to book a deluxe they only have the choice of a sofa bed and then could get booted out. I did state we do not want upgrades.

Cheers John.

Totally agree with Cheznandy, lots of cruise lines include a sofa bed in the deluxe balcony cabins. Here’s a video, quite a thorough one actually, hope it helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Totally agree with Cheznandy, lots of cruise lines include a sofa bed in the deluxe balcony cabins. Here’s a video, quite a thorough one actually, hope it helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, great video.

Cheers John.

Does anyone know what is the difference between a balcony and a deluxe balcony?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi cruisine21. From what I can see on the deck planners the difference is balcony has no sofa but more drawers with the desk & the deluxe balcony has the sofa and less storage and it does state a larger balcony. Perhaps cheznandy can confirm.

Here is the difference in size of a deluxe to a standard balcony.....ours is the one that juts out.

Remember deluxe means sofa, premium is the location of what they call a good location.

Balcony sizes differ in all categories, there are standard balconies on dolphin aft that are huge, but they are not deluxe so no sofa, the cabin next door to us is balcony obstructed, so no sofa but larger balcony than standard as its on the hump.493ec54494e2d72bf938c16b855a6cc5.jpg