New Promotion Starts 6 Sept 2018 - 2 perks are back

gordylad

My personal surprised is how so many people are lead to believe that booking on board gets them more than additional OBC and a low deposit. Most of the time (not all the time) the perks included are the same as the ones booked off the ship.

Because so many find that if you book concierge or aqua cabins, you get two rather than just one perk in many cases. While this promotion isn’t always offered, we have always found it on effect when we cruise. Then we transfer the reservation to a ta who adds additional obc or something else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My personal surprised is how so many people are lead to believe that booking on board gets them more than additional OBC and a low deposit. Most of the time (not all the time) the perks included are the same as the ones booked off the ship.

I book on board and do receive “X” number of dollars (OBC) for doing so. Generally (not always), it can be (or not) the same as the “post thank you” booking bonus.

I then take the on board booking and transfer immediately to my awesome TA who adds on her OBC (refundable) to the reservation. What I prefer most of all with the on board bookings is their “flexibility”. I move them around at nauseam (apologies to my ever patient TA) and reprice them all the time (to my advantage).

I am a stalker of price watches - LOL! and always “try” to get to final payment due date with the best price possible and the most inclusions possible (sometimes they are mutually exclusive!).

I have friends who have booked a cruise and never ever will look at the reservation again until time of sailing. I applaud them for not giving too much concern and they live happily ever after. I wish I could be that way, but nope! wired different. IF I found out later that I could save hundreds (or thousands, as in one case); I would stew over it for a few weeks (not forever, but long enough - LOL). Therefore, I am a fare watcher.

Are there any deals out there with the 2 perks deal being offered? I have not found any on Celebrity website. I did find a deal by chance today. I had a Mediterranean cruise on Reflection booked in 2019 with big box TA. I saw an ad for another TA associated with this website and they had a group rate that matched the big box TA but were offering all 4 perks instead of 1 I had booked. So I lost the 500 cash card from big box TA but got upgraded to premium beverage pkg, 300 obc, unlimited wi-fi and prepaid gratuities for same price as big box TA. And this group price for Aqua class is about 4K less than price on Celebrity website. I think I got pretty good deal.

Here is an example of how they lower the price just to raise it. We have the cruise prior to this one booked. Someone post that there are fabulous prices on the cruise after the one we booked so I looked to possibly book as a B2B.

The cruise offers cheap prices but no perks. Add in the perks and it is more than before the promo

ed06a87686f006583ce2ba6a9587d3b9.png

This price is for a Sky Suite for a 4 Day cruise on the Infinity. Thought that for $250/day pp for a suite would be worth trying. Problem is that at that price the suite doesn’t come with any perks. If you want all the perks you pay an additional $125/day pp. don’t see any deal with that.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]