New Promotion Starts 6 Sept 2018 - 2 perks are back

gordylad

For a limited time, the first and second guest choose 2 free perks when you book ocean view or higher stateroom or book Suite Class and get all 4 perks.

BOOKING WINDOW:

September 06, 2018 - October 03, 2018

SAILING WINDOW:

Select 4-night and longer sailings departing

October 01, 2018 - April 30, 2020

Excluding transatlantic, transpacific, repositioning

and Galapagos sailings

gordylad - Do you know if this promotion is for new bookings only? Thanks.

FlorenceItaly - I am in Simpsonville also!

WOW! We are transplants. We retired here 4 years ago. We have a Simpsonville address, but, are off Bethel Rd. in the Holly Tree area.

PLEASE excuse the thread jack :).

Offer applies to new individual bookingsand to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, is non-transferable, and not combinable with any other offer. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Offersand prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time. ©2018 Celebrity Cruises. Ships’ registry: Malta and Ecuador.

Think this is just the usual blurb if it works for you cancel and re-book.

Take note of your current pricing “today” and compare the pricing with the additional perk “tomorrow”. As always, do the math when a “free perk” or “additional” perk is added ;)

If you are making a “new” booking (not revising current one); then ignore above - LOL

Offer applies to new individual bookingsand to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, is non-transferable, and not combinable with any other offer. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Offersand prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time. ©2018 Celebrity Cruises. Ships’ registry: Malta and Ecuador.

Think this is just the usual blurb if it works for you cancel and re-book.

I am past final payment and was hoping to upgrade. Sounds like I won't be able to with this promotion. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks again for the info.

FlorenceItaly - We transplanted 12 years ago. We're off Fairview Rd. We're not new to cruising, but new to Celebrity...Silhouette Nov 30, 2018.

Several years ago when we were on a ship during a time period where the current offer for booking on board was about to expire and be replaced with a new offer, we asked the future cruise manager whether it would be better to book now, or to wait for the new offer.

Her reply was that most likely the next offer would either raise the prices and include more perks, or lower the prices and include fewer perks.

Time after time as we watch the offers change, we smile as we recall her prophetic words. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

So yet again it looks like her explanation still applies.

Checked our cruise that we booked a few months ago for 2019. We received free grats as our promo. Today the price changed and now we can also add $300.00 OBC for an extra cost of $400.00! Hmmm, great deal, right? Well, for Celebrity it is. No thank you.

I checked 9 prices yesterday and then again today just for comparison. Apples to Apples, Oranges to Oranges.

Same rooms, same 2 perks etc....

3 Cruises

3 Classes (Veranda, Concierge, Aqua.

Of the nine:

4 went down by about $100

5 went up by $100 to $200

So, no real difference on this small sampling.....

The purpose of these deals is to attract new customers. They often cost more than previous deals. It is not intended to reduce the cost for those already booked but sometimes it works for those with existing bookings.

"Perks" are not free! They are costed into the overall cruise price.

Take note of your current pricing “today” and compare the pricing with the additional perk “tomorrow”. As always, do the math when a “free perk” or “additional” perk is added ;)

If you are making a “new” booking (not revising current one); then ignore above - LOL

I have giggle with the “free” part ... as most of us are aware; nothing is “free”.

Checked my upcoming cruises, it was $180 CAD pp to get the “second” perk (go “Better” price, until September 5).

Now the cruises are between $200 - $400 pp extra (new promo fare as of Sep 6) to get the second perk “free” :p

I have giggle with the “free” part ... as most of us are aware; nothing is “free”.

Checked my upcoming cruises, it was $180 CAD pp to get the “second” perk (go “Better” price, until September 5).

Now the cruises are between $200 - $400 pp extra (new promo fare as of Sep 6) to get the second perk “free” :p

But it is amazing how this strategy works for Celebrity! I am continuously appalled at what people will believe. My particular favorite is those who will comment on these boards what a 'deal' suites are because the four perks are free. Nothing is free! When they started to add those suite benefits, the cost of the suites plus the cost of the benefits was higher than the old price of the suites and buying the benefits individually (and sometimes you would not even want to buy all four benefits so that makes the differential even higher). I have nothing against people buying suites if they want to - love them myself although I can rarely afford them anymore. But if you are buying them because they are a good price because of the benefits I can hook you up with the bank in nowhereland who wants your social security number because they have unclaimed money they want to transfer to you;p

During the last Promo I took screen shots of 5 cruises that I am interested in. Similar to what you mention, each one of them has gone up in Price due to the "free" second perk. The increase in cost for the free 2nd perk is generally more than what it would have cost to simply buy the 2nd perk under the old program....

Oh well, not much of a sale.

But it is amazing how this strategy works for Celebrity! I am continuously appalled at what people will believe. My particular favorite is those who will comment on these boards what a 'deal' suites are because the four perks are free. Nothing is free! When they started to add those suite benefits, the cost of the suites plus the cost of the benefits was higher than the old price of the suites and buying the benefits individually (and sometimes you would not even want to buy all four benefits so that makes the differential even higher). I have nothing against people buying suites if they want to - love them myself although I can rarely afford them anymore. But if you are buying them because they are a good price because of the benefits I can hook you up with the bank in nowhereland who wants your social security number because they have unclaimed money they want to transfer to you;p

Well said. I think most people who go for this, simply do not do the math. They see "free" second perk and they book.

I agree. The BBB bundling price structure is a win for Celebrity and the TA. Not so much for the customer, although it is convenient for the new cruisers.

My personal surprised is how so many people are lead to believe that booking on board gets them more than additional OBC and a low deposit. Most of the time (not all the time) the perks included are the same as the ones booked off the ship.