Steakhouse question

Chloechloe

first time doing the steakhouse. Do I need to take my email confirmation with me to the steakhouse or do they have a list?

Thanks

We had a phone message left for us confirming our reservation. You can also stop by the steakhouse and confirm. Getting seated was never an issue on any night during our cruise.

Absolutely love the steakhouse. Enjoy it. Some of the best money spent onboard.

first time doing the steakhouse. Do I need to take my email confirmation with me to the steakhouse or do they have a list?

Thanks

Just FYI. Shorts are not allowed in the steakhouse, not even on the first night. Some may say they were able to wear shorts into the steakhouse. It probably depends on how strict the hostess is. It's been my experience that anyone wearing shorts is turned away and asked to go change into long pants. So, be sure to pack something appropriate to wear in your carry on, in case your checked luggage isn't delivered in time before dinner.

Just FYI. Shorts are not allowed in the steakhouse, not even on the first night. Some may say they were able to wear shorts into the steakhouse. It probably depends on how strict the hostess is. It's been my experience that anyone wearing shorts is turned away and asked to go change into long pants. So, be sure to pack something appropriate to wear in your carry on, in case your checked luggage isn't delivered in time before dinner.

Really? The OP did not ask about dress code

I would have it just in case. We’ve never had a problem at the Steakhouse but at Teppanyaki, on the Horizon, they didn’t have our names down. Thankfully I had the confirmation on my phone. Even though they were booked they worked us back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

AND no jeans... dress pants/khaki/etc... Found out the hard way:(

I wore jeans and t-shirt to the carnival horizon steakhouse on September 4, 2018. No, I didn’t sneak in, the staff knew. I wore jeans and a t-shirt to the chefs table on the same cruise. No problem.

I wore jeans and t-shirt to the carnival horizon steakhouse on September 4, 2018. No, I didn’t sneak in, the staff knew. I wore jeans and a t-shirt to the chefs table on the same cruise. No problem.

My ex-husband did as well...I'm sure the pics are in one of my reviews posted in my signature.

We had an awakening on our last steakhouse visit on the breeze. We had booked 4 separate reservations because everyone going either as a couple or one group of three. When we got there the hostess, who was a bit curt the whole time, made us aware that we were lucky they had s party of 13 to cancel. If not, they would not have been able to accommodate seating us together. We would have had 4 different dinners. I sort of understood but sort of didn’t , she said a party of two They expect to serve in 2 hours, but a party of 8 will take longer than 2 tables of 4 or the way we split it up. Lesson learned , we will just book one reservation. What we didn’t want to do is book for people who might have changed their mind about going . Smaller parties could cancel without impact to the larger group.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"Getting away with it" is not the same as it being allowed. If you don't follow Carnival's dress code you do risk the chance of being turned away.

"Getting away with it" is not the same as it being allowed. If you don't follow Carnival's dress code you do risk the chance of being turned away.

I didn’t “get away with it”. I asked and they said no shorts.

I didn’t “get away with it”. I asked and they said no shorts.

You wore blue jeans and a T-shirt. Even Carnival's Cruise Casual Dress Code bans T-shirts. Therefore, you "got away" with a violation of the dress code, though apparently with the permission of the staff. What I'm saying is the next person may not find the staff to be as accommodating. If you're giving advice to a newbie this should be considered.

The Steakhouse

The dress requirements for the Steakhouse follows the dress code specified for the Main Dining Room(s); if the evening is specified as 'Cruise Casual', shorts are not permitted.

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

BTW, despite two posts to the contrary, jeans ARE allowed in the steakhouse on Cruise Casual Nights

Edited by dsotm73