Regal Princess

Mjkny

sailing on the Regal on November 1st for a 10 day with 18 friends sent an E Mail to my TA asking her to arrange seating for us meaning 10 on one table & 8 on the other received an E Mail back stating that the coordinator from princess told her that the regal the royal at the majestic now have different seating arrangements meaning there are booths with 2 to 4 seats and they made it seem like can’t have a large table anymore is anybody aware of this or do they know how it works if 10 people want to sit at one table is that possible any longer thanking you in advance

Mark

Edited by Mjkny
Error in thread

We were last on Regal in 2015 and I believe we saw tables of 8 or more...now by the windows it was a bench seat that held only 2 on each side of the table with a table for 2 (1 on bench 1 on chair) in between the 2 tables that sat 4 each...but I know we saw free standing tables in the interior of the dining room center area.,,,hope that helps

Here are 2 pics we took in the dining room. 001 is of a table behind us that sat 8 or 10...then pic 002 is us with another table behind us with 6 or 8 I believe....we are at that table of 2 along the window. I am in the chair and DH is just kneeling next to me as he sat on the bench with his back to the window....

001.JPG.d99180a3726cc6e7d5f69aef46c5fdf1.JPG

002.JPG.bc22f046eb9b6f9cd3169692300ec177.JPG

We were on the Regal earlier this year and sat at table for 8 both weeks. There were a couple tables for 10 and other tables for 8 in our area. They have always offered large tables and I do not believe that they have changed this. We always request a large table in order to meet people.

sailing on the Regal on November 1st for a 10 day with 18 friends sent an E Mail to my TA asking her to arrange seating for us meaning 10 on one table & 8 on the other received an E Mail back stating that the coordinator from princess told her that the regal the royal at the majestic now have different seating arrangements meaning there are booths with 2 to 4 seats and they made it seem like can’t have a large table anymore is anybody aware of this or do they know how it works if 10 people want to sit at one table is that possible any longer thanking you in advance

Mark

We have been on the Royal. The Regal should be the same. I do remember larger tables, not certain if they are for 10. I also remember tables with curved & straight bench seating with chairs around it. We played trivia in the Allegro DR and the table we used easily sat 6 with room for at least two more. There is definitely seating for more than 2 or 4.

I would try again. Maybe 3 tables of 6 and you can move around each evening. I would also visit the maitre'd on boarding day to discuss.

I understand through Princess the regal was updated in April of this year seems I can’t get a straight answer from Princess Whether or whether we can not sit at a table of 8 and a table of 10 very frustrated

I have never sailed on this ship. and, so, feel free to ignore my contribution,

It seems highly unlikely that there are no large tables in the Regal Princess' dining rooms. However, it is also likely that there is a very limited number--possibly, as few as two. My thought is that it is entirely possible that any existing large tables may already be reserved. The message from Princess to the Travel Agent and, then, from the Travel Agent to you may have been misinterpreted from "there are no longer any large tables available" to "there are no large tables."

I agree that as soon as possible after boarding you should meet with the Maitre d' and see what accommodation he can make for you. I would be surprised if he could not come up with some sort of plan for you.

Have a great cruise.

I would be hesitant to wait until boarding for a request involving a large group.

OP... Again, make sure all these bookings are linked. I think that might help.

This might give you some priority for larger tables.

Each party might need to 'link' their bookings???

That is something that I have never personally handled.

If there are no links. You are not a group... and this might be like 'herding cats'.

Have you called both your TA, and Princess, about this?

Keep pressing until you get somebody who can help you.

I understand through Princess the regal was updated in April of this year seems I can’t get a straight answer from Princess Whether or whether we can not sit at a table of 8 and a table of 10 very frustrated

Have you joined the roll call for this cruise? We are also on this sailing and there is lots of good info on the roll call.