Jade vs Getaway/Mediterranean vs Baltic

FSU Girl

I'm considering switching my honeymoon cruise again, probably driving my fiancé crazy glad he loves me lol.

We currently have Jade booked next September, 11 night Mediterranean cruise Italy and Greek Isles. I like the itinerary, the ship is a little older and smaller than I’d like but has good reviews. But I’ve been to half the places before.

Same time there’s a 9 night on the Getaway out of Copenhagen that does the Baltic. Neither my fiancé or I have been to any of the places before and I’ve always wanted to go to Russia. I also like the mega ships that’s have a bit more to do on them.

If we did switch we’d have 5 days to spend somewhere, probably not Copenhagen, but not sure where since it seems far from everywhere.

Should I just stick with the cruise I have booked or make the switch? It’ll be both of ours first Norwegian Cruise

A few days pre-cruise:

Amsterdam

London

Paris

Belgium

These are all short hop flights to CPH

OR

You can spend a couple of days in Berlin and then skip it when the ship docks in Warnemunde and spend the day relaxing on the lovely beach there, or go to Schwerin Castle or look at Wismar.

For me being on a bigger ship with more to do wouldn’t matter so much in Europe. The days are really long and there isn’t a ton of sea days on most itineraries, so there is a lot of stuff you probably won’t use because you won’t have time. That being said I would probably go with the baltic just based on the ports if it wasn’t prohibitively more expensive (i.e. compare prices of hotels and food and compare what kinda money you would be spending on excursions Russia kinda needs a tour guide due to visa but the Jade I would probably do most ports on my own)

Hi we've done the same cruises/ships in the last 3 years. Jade June 2015 and Getaway July 2017.. ,my kids who were mid twenties to early 30's liked the Jade itinerary and the Getaway ship . My husband and I both in our 60's liked the Jade. It's the perfect size ship for us...we enjoyed both itineraries..The Getaway is bigger , had more bells and whistles .We had cooler weather and some rain on the The Baltic cruise ..it is not a pool/sunbathing cruise .We never used our balcony to sit out on,In September could be downright chilly

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We literally got off the Getaway Baltic cruise 2 days ago. (Wed., 9/7) If you are into touring, that is the cruise to go on. Lots to see, and long days touring. If you are into beaches and relaxing, this probably is not the cruise for you. Our weather was chilly each day in port - not alot of rain, but definitely jacket weather in the mornings. I packed shorts and did not wear them once. Getaway had plenty to do on the ship at night and during our 2 sea days. We were lucky that our sea days were sunny, and a lot of people sat out on the decks getting burned! We cruise for itinerary - not so much for the ships themselves. Visiting new places is important for us. We spent 2 1/2 days pre-cruise in Copenhagen, and wished we had more time there!

For me being on a bigger ship with more to do wouldn’t matter so much in Europe. The days are really long and there isn’t a ton of sea days on most itineraries, so there is a lot of stuff you probably won’t use because you won’t have time. That being said I would probably go with the baltic just based on the ports if it wasn’t prohibitively more expensive (i.e. compare prices of hotels and food and compare what kinda money you would be spending on excursions Russia kinda needs a tour guide due to visa but the Jade I would probably do most ports on my own)

The cruise is slightly cheaper but that’s probably because it’s less nights. We’ll have to see if it’ll add a lot of cost staying somewhere before the cruise for that many days. There are two sea days for the Baltic so we would be able to enjoy the ship for a bit

Hi we've done the same cruises/ships in the last 3 years. Jade June 2015 and Getaway July 2017.. ,my kids who were mid twenties to early 30's liked the Jade itinerary and the Getaway ship . My husband and I both in our 60's liked the Jade. It's the perfect size ship for us...we enjoyed both itineraries..The Getaway is bigger , had more bells and whistles .We had cooler weather and some rain on the The Baltic cruise ..it is not a pool/sunbathing cruise .We never used our balcony to sit out on,In September could be downright chilly

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m around the age of your kids and do like the big ships that have a lot to do. The Baltic has two sea days to enjoy the ship. The Jade itinerary we only have one sea day so I suppose if we aren’t too thrilled with the ship it won’t matter much since we’ll barely be on it. I love cold weather but my fiancé isn’t a big fan lol

We literally got off the Getaway Baltic cruise 2 days ago. (Wed., 9/7) If you are into touring, that is the cruise to go on. Lots to see, and long days touring. If you are into beaches and relaxing, this probably is not the cruise for you. Our weather was chilly each day in port - not alot of rain, but definitely jacket weather in the mornings. I packed shorts and did not wear them once. Getaway had plenty to do on the ship at night and during our 2 sea days. We were lucky that our sea days were sunny, and a lot of people sat out on the decks getting burned! We cruise for itinerary - not so much for the ships themselves. Visiting new places is important for us. We spent 2 1/2 days pre-cruise in Copenhagen, and wished we had more time there!

I definitely want to see Europe and do the long all day tours no matter which cruise we do. The weather doesn’t sound too bad, just need to bring a jacket. We would have 5 days to spend somewhere but that seems too long to be in Copenhagen?

I definitely want to see Europe and do the long all day tours no matter which cruise we do. The weather doesn’t sound too bad, just need to bring a jacket. We would have 5 days to spend somewhere but that seems too long to be in Copenhagen?

Icelandic airlines has a free stopover package so that may be an option. If you’ve been to a lot of the Mediterranean ports, I would choose the Baltic cruise. It’s the last one on my European bucket list.

While we were on the go the whole time in Copenhagen, there was a lot we did not get to see. If we had more pre-cruise time, we would have flown from JFK to Iceland and split the time between Iceland and Copenhagen. It is only a 3 hour flight from one to another.