Free food selection on the Allure? Ice Cream?

jp2746

We have sailed on the Adventure of the Seas in the past and loved RC for the many entertainment choices that we can enjoy with our kids. I know there is a kids club, but our kids are with us for a week and we want to be with them. During the school year, we rarely see them between school, sports, and friends. So, when we can get them on a boat, where they can't escape or use the internet, we are in Heaven.

Last year we sailed on the Carnival Dream and didn't love it. It was okay, but there were not entertainment choices like there are on RC. But... one thing we absolutely loved is that there was food available all the time. For the most part, there was something open at all times and when all else failed, the 24-hour soft serve did the trick. We have all boys and they love food, eating and lately, growing. So, this is a big deal for us.

My question is, what kind of free choices are good on the Allure? We are super excited about the entertainment, but it seems that there are no longer Cheesecake pops (which was the highlight of our Adventure cruise!), the donut shop is only in the morning and soft serve ice cream closes at 6:00! We love a sweet treat but after paying 10K for the cruise, I really don't want to have to pay for food. That is the reason we choose to cruise, everything is included and we know what we are spending.

What are the best free options for lunch and dinner? (breakfast is pretty standard on all ships it seems)? Is the MDR food good? Does the soft serve really close at 6:00? Are the cheesecake pops really gone? :( We are not foodies (well, not really, but my kids say I am a good cook so everyone suffers by comparison. They usually say this when they need money. :)), but we do enjoy going to a good dinner and lunch and having people serve us.

Any input is appreciated!

Yum! Is that steak and eggs? Can we get a milkshake for breakfast? Yes, we are ice cream freaks. I think I ate a gallon a day on Carnival and only gained four pounds. Not sure how that worked out, but it made me happy.

Johnny Rockets breakfast -no charge. Very good today, quick made to order.

3_C2_A8_C9_A_5_D97_4_D90_9562_544_A6_CA78_E01.jpg

There are many soft ice cream machines by the kiddie pool with constantly activity. On our Easter Allure cruise my middle granddaughter taught she had found heaven. As Bob indicated it closes at 6PM and I believe opens at 11AM. You could always ask for ice cream at dinner in the MDR and at lunch in the MDR on sea days only.

There is also a per pay ice cream shop in the Boardwalk.

Yum! Is that steak and eggs? Can we get a milkshake for breakfast? Yes, we are ice cream freaks. I think I ate a gallon a day on Carnival and only gained four pounds. Not sure how that worked out, but it made me happy.

You cannot get milkshakes until 11:30 from JR. I’m on Allure right now, and tried this morning. Rejection.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the information! I love that you can get a bag of chips to eat later. I feel better about the food. I hope the food in the MDR is better than Carnival. The first couple of nights they had some good options, but toward the end of the cruise, nothing was good. I wonder why they close the ice cream station on RC? My youngest thought it was cool that he could just eat ice cream whenever he wanted, even with Lucky Charms. I'm kind of a health food person and don't buy much junk food, so free reign to ice cream 24 hours a day was his idea of Eutopia. Some days he would have Lucky Charms and go to the ice cream machine to have ice cream right after. lol

Oh, and I am super excited to hear that they may have the cheesecake pops onboard. Our first RC cruise I gain 7 pounds in a week. I blamed it on the cheesecake pops, but it was so worth it!