Booking a SR now for two which might need to sleep three, is it possible?

evitacruiser

We are about to book a cruise on Edge for August 2019.

We may want to add another passenger if our son can get away, but our TA is saying that Celebrity will not allow to passengers to book a room sleeping more than initially book due to the popularity of Edge.

Has anyone any experience of this?

I haven't experienced this, but from what I have heard from others on the main board, you may not be able to add a third person. Booking a cabin that sleeps 3-4 people doesn't guarantee that you can have 3-4 people in the cabin. There is total double occupancy of 2926, triple and quad occupancy of 455 and total max occupancy of 3381. If they have already reached their max number of 455 of triple and quad bookings, my assumption is that they will stop taking extra people in the staterooms.

If a third person wants to join you, likely the earlier they decide, the better the chance of getting one of those extra spots, but as your TA said, it may be difficult to do on the Edge due to its popularity. That is my basic understanding of how it works, but the TA's on here can probably give more detail.

Did you ask your TA if there was any disadvantage (financially) to booking for 3 now and then canceling your son before final payment, if he can't go? Good luck with getting your son onboard, if desired! :D

Thank you, we have done it previously without a problem ( I assume taking account of overall ship capacity at the time of the addition) but our TA says that due to the popularity of the Edge Celebrity are only opening up cabins which sleep two to couples/two people and not cabins which have sofa beds/extra bunks in them.

I suppose it may be possible to change/upgrade at a later date, but I just wondered if anyone had booked a cabin on the Edge sleeping more than are currently booked into it. Our booking is for August 2019 so not inaugural or even in the first few months of sailing.

If there is a family if 3, they cannot book? That does not make any sense to me.

I appreciate them not packing the ship to the maximum, but I am sure they must have rooms that accomodate more than 2 people..maybe a suite? Have you tried a dummy booking on your own?

If there is a family if 3, they cannot book? That does not make any sense to me.

I appreciate them not packing the ship to the maximum, but I am sure they must have rooms that accomodate more than 2 people..maybe a suite? Have you tried a dummy booking on your own?

Sorry, maybe I have worded it badly.

Currently, we are booking as a couple so our TA has been given options for cabins sleeping 2. I went back to her and asked if she could give us an option of a cabin which would sleep 3 if we wanted ( at a later date) to add our son onto the booking.

My TA said that Celebrity would only allocate cabins sleeping the number of people on the booking as Edge was so popular. I can understand that and obviously, will have to accept it if it is correct.

I was just enquiring if anyone on the boards had booked a cabin/been allocated a cabin which slept more people than they had on their booking.

I am booked for 12/6/18 and 12/9 in a sky suite that sleeps 4 and there are only two of us. Celebrity didn’t try to push me into another cabin without the sofa sleeper. You should look at the deck plans, select an open cabin that has a sofa sleeper and request that cabin from your TA. ( There are symbols on the deck plans to indicate which rooms have sofa sleepers)

I do agree with VT, that booking three now and canceling for your son, before final payment may be the best option. Good luck .

Sorry, maybe I have worded it badly.

Currently, we are booking as a couple so our TA has been given options for cabins sleeping 2. I went back to her and asked if she could give us an option of a cabin which would sleep 3 if we wanted ( at a later date) to add our son onto the booking.

My TA said that Celebrity would only allocate cabins sleeping the number of people on the booking as Edge was so popular. I can understand that and obviously, will have to accept it if it is correct.

I was just enquiring if anyone on the boards had booked a cabin/been allocated a cabin which slept more people than they had on their booking.

I am booked for 12/6/18 and 12/9 in a sky suite that sleeps 4 and there are only two of us. Celebrity didn’t try to push me into another cabin without the sofa sleeper. You should look at the deck plans, select an open cabin that has a sofa sleeper and request that cabin from your TA. ( There are symbols on the deck plans to indicate which rooms have sofa sleepers)

I do agree with VT, that booking three now and canceling for your son, before final payment may be the best option. Good luck .

Thank you. I will re contact my TA and ask if she can check the policy after I have looked at open cabins. As you and VT say booking and cancelling may be the best option.

I am in the UK but always book cruises via a US TA which is fortunate as we do not have the option to cancel here without losing the deposit in full.:mad: