Dawn Penthouse Suites

phoenix1181

I'm trying to find out if the Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SF) & the Penthouse with Large Balcony (SE) on the Dawn have a large shower or just a tub with shower. I have viewed a couple of videos on Youtube & it looks like they only have tubs but before I eliminate them (tub is difficult getting into) from consideration, I want to be sure there isn't a separate shower that I'm not seeing.

TIA............d

We just exited Dawn SF 10228. It was a narrow tub with shower in tub. It was identical to the SFs we have been in on the Jewel class.

Thanks! That's what I thought I was seeing in the videos but wanted to confirm. The tub is too high for us to climb into for our showers. I was hoping it had a separate shower like the other suites.

The SF's & SE's seem to be the only suites with the same bathroom design as the mini suites. I wonder if they were originally designated as mini's & then changed to full suite status when NCL realized they were in demand therefore they could charge higher prices.

I'm trying to find out if the Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SF) & the Penthouse with Large Balcony (SE) on the Dawn have a large shower or just a tub with shower. I have viewed a couple of videos on Youtube & it looks like they only have tubs but before I eliminate them (tub is difficult getting into) from consideration, I want to be sure there isn't a separate shower that I'm not seeing.

TIA............d

Tiny tub, which is also your tiny shower. Disgraceful bathroom for a suite IMO.

I know the Jewel class ships have some accessible Penthouse suites. Perhaps the Dawn does as well, they would have a "no climbing" shower.

As best I can tell, there aren't any accessible Penthouse Suites on Dawn. I'm be bidding on a suite & I don't want to bid on a Penthouse & then have to worry about one of us falling for 2 weeks.

The suites on Deck 12 (pool deck) all have a separate shower and tub

The suites of Deck 11 have a separate shower and tub.

The Penthouse suites forward and aft are the problem with the shower inside the bathtub.

Hopefully NCL will have non-skid stickers on the tub floor and that there will be a suitable

rail or bar to grab getting in and out. Also a reminder to use a bath mat on the outside of the

tub to help secure footing on the tiled floor.

Referring to the photo provided by BirdTravels in post 4 the non-skid tape is there and the

grab handles add the bath mat and that is all you have to work with.

While the Penthouse suites are a bit smaller and more intimate you may have to consider

going forward and up a deck or two (11-12) for the bath features you require.

I don't have accessibility issues, but last year on the Breakaway I had an H5 Haven penthouse with balcony. I knew going in that it didn't have the shower, but while I prefer a walk in, I got it on an upgrade and didn't really think it was a big deal.

The height of the side of that tub (a soaking tub) was really astounding. I'm 5'5", rather long-legged, and I had to lift my knee well above my waist to step in -- and because it was a soaking tub with slanted sides, also had to step way in. There's no way anybody with mobility issues could handle that, especially in less than calm weather.

It was made much worse by the fact that there was literally nothing to grab onto but the glass doors, which aren't built for that purpose. Getting out I could reach for the vanity, and getting in I could reach across for the gripping bar, but neither was in easy reach or aligned for the purpose. And somebody even marginally shorter probably couldn't have managed.

I noted at the time that the room really should come with a bigger warning than "this room does not have a walk in shower." I'm pretty surprised that they haven't re-designed the shower doors, at the very least.

I've never been in another cabin without a walk in option, so I don't know if this is a fleet-wide issue. But even if you manage fine with a tub at home, I'd expect you to find those tubs challenging. Hopefully at a minimum the newer ships have addressed that issue.

Thanks! That's what I thought I was seeing in the videos but wanted to confirm. The tub is too high for us to climb into for our showers. I was hoping it had a separate shower like the other suites.

The SF's & SE's seem to be the only suites with the same bathroom design as the mini suites. I wonder if they were originally designated as mini's & then changed to full suite status when NCL realized they were in demand therefore they could charge higher prices.

While on the Sun a few years ago, I measured the wall of the tub in our mini-suite and they were two feet high. I'm tall, but it was hard to get in and out of. I imagine the height is to keep tub water from sloshing in high seas. I'd prefer a walk-in shower any day!