Bare Minerals

Patgo

ChefPeg, keep practicing with it. I couldn't get the hang of it at first even though it seems so simple. I guess years of putting plaster on my face handicapped me! :D I kept using it on weekends and it got much more natural and effective as I went. Now I'm addicted!

Cheryl

I just ordered it on QVC after watching the show the other day. I'm going to give it a try. I tried it once a few years ago, but I didn't use the mineral vein and it looked too shiny on me.

This time I bought the mineral veil, foundation with brush and concealer. If I don't care for it I know I can send it back. I think I was putting on too much as well. I like the idea of the pinholes, I'm going to try that first before removing it.

The site has some great info, thanks ladies!, glad I looked at it.

I have a bit of a redness so I hope it will cover well. I will try the mineral veil first, since I usually use a primer on my face in Clinique. I know BE makes one now, but I'm going to wait to see if I like the product.

It's funny how you get older you skin changes. I live in hot, humid South Florida, but I need to wear a little foundation to even out my skintone. I hope BE does the trick.

I'll let you ladies know how I do with it.

Hope your next cruise is a great one.

They've opened a BE Boutique in the mall by my office! I stopped in there today and it's soooo cool! Walking into a Sephora or Ulta, I never felt like I could "play" with the different colors and stuff. This place has ALL of their colors, lids off, on these big lazy susan tables. There are applicators and brushes right there and the sales staff was right there asking if I wanted to "try on" any of the colors. I didn't play today, as I was on my lunch hour and didn't want to goof up my make up, but I will most definitely return there to buy my products in the future. I like the idea of purchasing my cosmetics from someone who really knows and understands the BE product. :)

They had a baby buki brush there for sale (not sure how much) but, OMG, was it cute! I want one for my purse!!

If you have a BE Boutique near you, I would recommend taking a peek!

They've opened a BE Boutique in the mall by my office! I stopped in there today and it's soooo cool! Walking into a Sephora or Ulta, I never felt like I could "play" with the different colors and stuff. This place has ALL of their colors, lids off, on these big lazy susan tables. There are applicators and brushes right there and the sales staff was right there asking if I wanted to "try on" any of the colors. I didn't play today, as I was on my lunch hour and didn't want to goof up my make up, but I will most definitely return there to buy my products in the future. I like the idea of purchasing my cosmetics from someone who really knows and understands the BE product. :)

They had a baby buki brush there for sale (not sure how much) but, OMG, was it cute! I want one for my purse!!

If you have a BE Boutique near you, I would recommend taking a peek!

Which mall? I'm in Indiana and I hope it's near me!

The Fashion Mall...sometimes called Keystone at the Crossing...It's in Indianapolis!

Thanks! I'm about an hour from Indy, so it's not unheard of that I might pop in!

I noticed on your countdown clock that you're going on the Caribbean Princess. Friends of mine will be on that sailing, too. I keep telling them to get signed up on CC, but I can't convince them! Will be doing a Roll Call Meet and Greet?

Thanks! I'm about an hour from Indy, so it's not unheard of that I might pop in!

I noticed on your countdown clock that you're going on the Caribbean Princess. Friends of mine will be on that sailing, too. I keep telling them to get signed up on CC, but I can't convince them! Will be doing a Roll Call Meet and Greet?

Not far from us at all! We actually live about 15 miles north of Indy, but we both work in Indy. You can often find me roaming the Fashion Mall during my lunch hour! Some of the stores are expensive, but I still love to window shop! :)

And yes, there is a meet planned for sailaway! We're meeting at the Outrigger Bar (or whatever it's called) around 5pm. Our roll call isn't very active, but there are a few of us posting pretty regularly!

Not far from us at all! We actually live about 15 miles north of Indy, but we both work in Indy. You can often find me roaming the Fashion Mall during my lunch hour! Some of the stores are expensive, but I still love to window shop! :)

And yes, there is a meet planned for sailaway! We're meeting at the Outrigger Bar (or whatever it's called) around 5pm. Our roll call isn't very active, but there are a few of us posting pretty regularly!

I'll let them know about your meeting. It's a girl I work with, her fiancé and his family (Mom, Dad and brother). So, if strangers from Lafayette show up at your Meet and Greet, that's them!

I've been using everyday minerals.

http://www.everydayminerals.com

Its the same thing as BE, but cheaper!

They even send out free sample kits (you just pay S&H) but the sample sizes are PACKED with product. the samples lasted me a month and I wore the makeup everyday!

I'm with you, I first heard about the everyday minerals here on cruise critic. I sent for the free samples, and they lasted a long time. Now I use the product all the time. They're SO much cheaper than BE, and my skin has improved drastically. It always looks good, and it doesn't "melt" off your face when you sweat. I've gotten compliments galore from people who ask me what I've done, and say I look wonderful. Love it! :D

Sharon H.

Whats the difference between Bare Minerals and Bare Essentials?

Just different companies??

Bare Minerals is the product from Bare Escentuals. (I know...they spell essentials funny...my husband points it out everytime we walk by the store!) I think that the gal who is the CEO of the company renamed their foundation when she joined the company. That's why it's Bare Minerals.

I'm with you, I first heard about the everyday minerals here on cruise critic. I sent for the free samples, and they lasted a long time. Now I use the product all the time. They're SO much cheaper than BE, and my skin has improved drastically. It always looks good, and it doesn't "melt" off your face when you sweat. I've gotten compliments galore from people who ask me what I've done, and say I look wonderful. Love it! :D

Sharon H.

Just ordered the sample kit for myself yesterday, the website says it shipped today! Hope I get them in time for my cruise (and figure out how to use them correctly - lol). Also ordered a couple of small eye shadows to try. Will tell you how they work out ;) .

The first time I tried the BE I didn't like it, as I felt the coverage wasn't good enough.

I had gotten a starter kit from QVC, and the brush it had with it was not very good I now realize.

I recently decided to give it a second try; i ordered directly from the www.BareMinerals.com site and ordered the TV offer for like $60 which had all the brushes I needed, including the Buki brush. The kit gives you the brushes, 2 shades of foundation, mineral veil and warmth, plus some freebies.

The buki brush is what really made a difference; it gives the coverage as it should be, and I love it! I'm on autodelivery w/ the direct website, for foundation and eye shadow.

It's a Great option. The pictures on my last cruise we so awesome; my skin looked really good, which it never does, so I was hooked!

I just bought my first bare minerals powder of qvc. I have watched for sometime but finally took the plunge.

Does anyone here use this product and how do you like it?

I just bought some BARE stock today, I hope it bottomed out with this market sell off. I think its a great product.

buy buy, lol. My friend said to me, its too bad they didnt have this stuff when she was in high school, she totally loves it.

I ordered the starter kit online about 6 weeks ago and really like it. I'm not much for makeup-maybe foundation/mascara and liner, and I find that this goes on very quickly/easily. It seems to last for most of the day too. I have acne prone skin and it doesn't cause any breakouts-in fact using the skin rever-upper seems to have made my blemishes better. As hot as it's been lately, it handles the heat just fine. I'm very happy with the product-just use it lightly!

I quit using BE because the dust in my bathroom was horrible. All that tapping of the brush on the side of the lid flies all over the place. I dropped the blush once, and boy, was that a disaster. The paint near my vanity where it landed is still pink! I have switched to a Physican's Formula compact of bronzer and a Revlon cake blush and foundation. Still pretty powdery but doesn't seem to get airborne as easily.

I quit using BE because the dust in my bathroom was horrible. All that tapping of the brush on the side of the lid flies all over the place. I dropped the blush once, and boy, was that a disaster. The paint near my vanity where it landed is still pink! I have switched to a Physican's Formula compact of bronzer and a Revlon cake blush and foundation. Still pretty powdery but doesn't seem to get airborne as easily.
I don't have any dusty issues, but I did accidentally knock my pot of coffee bean eye liner off of the counter! And our bathroom is carpeted...not pretty...lol

I don't have any dusty issues, but I did accidentally knock my pot of coffee bean eye liner off of the counter! And our bathroom is carpeted...not pretty...lol

Like you--I dropped Coffee Bean on our bathroom floor. What a mess!

That is the ONE thing I don't like about BE--some of the items don't have sifters (and even if they do)---when you accidently knock one off your counter, or drop it (our cats have managed to knock a few down)--what a mess...and sometimes a total loss of product. :(

I know...I know...even pressed powders can become a mess if they break upon dropping/knocking them over. But--on the chance that they don't...you don't have a mess...and you still have your product.

I ended up having glass cut for my dressing table top to make it easier to wipe up the fly away makeup. I STILL wouldn't trade my BE makeup for anything else!

I still love it as well. :)

Plus--no liquids to worry about when travelling. I can pack my makeup in my carryon--and not worry about liquid ounces other than my mascara (and lip gloss--but I usually pack that in the checked bags).:)

Another addicted BE member here. You can get some great advice on the BE Addicts Forum or in the Community Forum on QVC. If you go to their website there is a link on the bottom. There is a BE thread there. I have gotten some great tips over the years. Also, try and catch the BE shows on QVC, always a tip or two there. Enjoy, Dona

I'm in Mumbai for a facelift but when I get home I'm ordering. You all have convinced me that this product is excellent. I've learned so much on this website - the ins and outs of dinner on the ship, what everyone wears and now new makeup...oh and the toupe tape. We are going on our first cruise in Aug '09 and I can't wait. Thanks for all of the help!

suzanne

Archived