Cats Intermission

Dahlia11

I know this sounds awful but about how much time into the show is intermission?

Intermission is about 1 hour 10 minutes into the show. We saw it last week and many had left prior to that and many more at intermission. Theater was not even half full by the end of the show. Intermission is 15 minutes long and Old Deuteronomy stays on stage the whole time for people to go up and have pictures taken.

Intermission is about 1 hour 10 minutes into the show. We saw it last week and many had left prior to that and many more at intermission. Theater was not even half full by the end of the show. Intermission is 15 minutes long and Old Deuteronomy stays on stage the whole time for people to go up and have pictures taken.

thanks, very comforting to know.

Is it that bad? I have seen tons of Broadway shows in my lifetime, but never had a desire to see Cats. (and I am a cat lover...lol....go figure)

Is it that bad? I have seen tons of Broadway shows in my lifetime, but never had a desire to see Cats. (and I am a cat lover...lol....go figure)

No, it isn't that bad. Having read many threads about it here on CC, some don't get the story line, some don't like the music, some think it is too long.

We enjoy it, though we both enjoyed our previous CATS performance better. On our prior sailing, Old Deuteronomy was magnificent. The actor had played the role on Broadway and had an amazing voice. We also saw him perform in Jazz on 4 to a standing room only crowd. The actor doing that role now is fine but just pales in comparison.

No, it isn't that bad. Having read many threads about it here on CC, some don't get the story line, some don't like the music, some think it is too long.

We enjoy it, though we both enjoyed our previous CATS performance better. On our prior sailing, Old Deuteronomy was magnificent. The actor had played the role on Broadway and had an amazing voice. We also saw him perform in Jazz on 4 to a standing room only crowd. The actor doing that role now is fine but just pales in comparison.

:) Thanks for the info!

I know this sounds awful but about how much time into the show is intermission?

If your there now stay with it if you can.

The first half is tough going.... second half is very good because it makes sense of the first half and isn’t so dark and gloomy.

I’m so glad we stuck with it, those that stay tend to give a standing ovation from our experience but you have to stick it out.

All just my humble opinion as I know this can turn into quite a hot topic whenever it’s raised [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last time DH and I were on Oasis, we left at the intermission of Cats; however, with some of the comments about the 2nd half being much better, I intend to give it another try while cruising with my bff on Oasis in February!:rolleyes: Some have said that it's also better if you sit in the first 3 rows, so may do that as well!;)