Star, Ruby or Royal

Dreamer115

Fall tends to be warmer in SoCal. We tend to get Santa Ana winds, which are warm, and clear sunny days. Spring tends to be cloudy and cool.

The Pacific isn't the Carribean, though. Even the the air temp is hot, water tends to be in the chilly mid-60s.

Would the weather be ok (generally speaking) to swim while in port. I understand the wind would make it pretty cool/cold to swim while at sea.

In Ensenada yes. LA, San Diego Santa Barbara-maybe. In SF not likely, but you never know, it could be a crazy warm day in the fall, which has been known to happen. :) In Monterey, No

I have done several spring and fall coastal cruises and have had great cruises. I thought the weather was perfect on them all! The weather in CA is always better than where I live :)

I even find San Francisco in January warm. Everything is relative to where you are coming from.

The covered pool is on the Star and adult only. Ruby and Royal both have only open air pools.

In answer to the OP my choices in order would be Royal, Ruby and then Star.

Keep the questions coming.

Last time I was on the Star, the covered pool was full of kids and not Adult only so when did that change???

Although most people say Royal, I think we will probably pick Star, just because of the covered pool. Need something to keep the kids happy. And I enjoy swimming with them too. I think if it was just DH and myself we would go on the Royal and try out a larger ship. But 3 generations to keep happy here. Now the waiting for the Sept 2020 schedule and hope it is still the Star or all these questions have been in vain.

Thanks everyone.

I agree with you, I have never sailed on any of the ships and were most interested in the comparisons. If the kids are happy and entertained (able to swim) then the adults will be happy too. All the adult amenities in the world mean nothing if the kids are moping.