20% Off today precruise - Error Message?

wendycook22

Anyone else experiencing this problem. When attempting to book an excursion at the final stage when completing the reservation I get a message stating:

Error 405: Request method 'GET' not supported

I assume another Celebrity website glitch? Or is it just me?

Anyone else experiencing this problem. When attempting to book an excursion at the final stage when completing the reservation I get a message stating:

Error 405: Request method 'GET' not supported

I assume another Celebrity website glitch? Or is it just me?

Yes. Web site problem, not you. Call Celebrity, make your reservations over the phone, and ask them to unlock your account.

I know I've posted this before on many threads regarding problems with the X website, but here I go again (sorry to those who've read this before): only access and accomplish tasks on the X website using an InPrivate or Incognito window WITHOUT logging in. You'll probably be able to accomplish your task that way. It won't make a difference what browser you use. Also you have a greater chance of success using a computer (desktop or laptop) rather than a phone or tablet. Good luck.

I know I've posted this before on many threads regarding problems with the X website, but here I go again (sorry to those who've read this before): only access and accomplish tasks on the X website using an InPrivate or Incognito window WITHOUT logging in. You'll probably be able to accomplish your task that way. It won't make a difference what browser you use. Also you have a greater chance of success using a computer (desktop or laptop) rather than a phone or tablet. Good luck.

You cannot book excursions WITHOUT logging into your account.

You cannot book excursions WITHOUT logging into your account.

Instead of logging into your account, go to the menu on the upper left and click on cruise planner. Then enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date. I know it's crazy but that seems to more routinely (not always) work instead of logging in the normal way.

I was able to go in and book excursions. From past experience I didn't get notification of the 20% off but the prices were changed in the cruise planned to reflect the change. After missing out on that I wrote down the prices on the excursions I was interested in. Today again w/o getting the notification (thank you cruise critic) I looked and the 20% was reflected in the prices.

Same error message here, after entering all my CC info and billing address etc etc...sigh, ended up calling Celebrity, no wait for a rep and made the purchase for a shore excursion. Silly to have to phone for something that should be easily booked online with a few clicks but this is Celebrity we're talking about...

Thanks everyone for confirming it's not just me!

I was hoping to do it online, as i also book everything for my in-laws and aunt and uncle. I am their "travel agent". I booked the cruise for them, set up their accounts and have their login info. I don't think they will allow me to book their excursions for them over the phone due to security reasons, but i will try and if it doesn't work we will figure it out :)

Thanks everyone for confirming it's not just me!

I was hoping to do it online, as i also book everything for my in-laws and aunt and uncle. I am their "travel agent". I booked the cruise for them, set up their accounts and have their login info. I don't think they will allow me to book their excursions for them over the phone due to security reasons, but i will try and if it doesn't work we will figure it out :)

You shouldn't have a problem as long as you have their reservation numbers and payment info. I've been the "travel agent" for friends we travel with and was even able to book their choice air flights. Worst that will happen is they can conference your in-laws/aunt & uncle in. Good luck!

Thanks for the recommendation, but after I logged out and put in my information in this area it still wouldn't complete the reservation. :(

I have the message at check out Error 405: Request method 'GET' not supported

That is when I had it, at it's final stage of confirmation. I had to call and book, as the back road methods requested did not work. They are aware of the problem and are attempting to resolve it soon. It was only a minute wait on the phone.

On my Oct 2018 cruise, even though it says 20% off for excursions, it’s the exact price it was last week for the ones I was considering. SMH. Theses “promotions” just get shadier and shadier.

That is why I always pay close attention to pricing. It does say "up to 20% off". I saved 10.00 off my one excursions I booked today. It was 69.00 pp and I got it for 59.00 pp, I was happy with the savings. Some cruise lines don't even offer sales on excursions, so I am happy with anything I can get. :) A couple other excursions I booked on a previous sale of "up to 20% off" I received for a cheaper price than what they are offering on this sale. Our cruise is November 10 2018 sailing on the Summit.

Aghh :( I call Celebrity and they say that I get the error because the shore excursion i full :(

Try calling again. Sometimes the agent is misinformed....or indeed it may be full.

To Cachecara. It isn't necessarily shady. People always seem to focus on the "20%" and completely missing the "up to" before it! That indicates that not everything is on sale and those things that are may be less than 20%. They count on people not reading.